Hi, i am nearly there with fixing all the problems with my car! last one was to sort the abs pump. i found a replacement part number 907 379 E, my original unit was part number 907 379 A. i added the new unit into the car, and used VAG COM to copy accross the code information from the old one to the new one, but the ABS light is still on. the only fault code comming up is 'cot coded to car' is there something else i need to do? or do i have to find the exact part number?

• 1 month later...

bump.

I just fitted a replacement ABS pump that the breakers swore would do the job for £50. Now i have exactly the same problem as you do. The part number i need to replace mine with is 3A0 907 379 E. Can't see the number on the one thats fitted. Computer wont even read the pump at the moment. Looks like i need exactly the right one. :(

I ended up getting my original pump/ecu repaired by bba reman, they completley repaired it and now my ABS works perfectly! it would of cost £100, but they made a mistake, (bent a pin) and told me it was complety dead and sent it back to me for free! anyway my abs now works perfectly!