Charger questions...

Righty, found a corrado for sale with a charged nugget in it but i know nothing about superchargers!

It has a stage 2 setup with a Vortech V9F charger (i've heard these are the ones to have?)

How many miles is a charger good for before it wants a re-build? And is it expensive?

Thanks

direct from the warranty sheet that came with mine last thurs

clean and inspect oil feeds and do oil change every 3000 miles with OE oil

plug every 8-10000

filters at normal intervals

good thing with these kits is if you look atfter the engine (reg servicing, letting it warm up before flooring it etc) the charger will keep itself sorted, so long as it is getting a good supply of clean oil.

id imagine they will go on and on until its evident that its on its way out( bearings noisey, running probs etc)

ps use optimax or other hi octane fuel aswell, 50-50 mix of g12+ coolant and if it hasnt got one a neuspeed low temp thermostat to keep things cooler

not sure about rebuilds, bearing will be pricey though

schricks are good with a charger once you set them to activate 500rpm (3000rpm instaed of 3500)lower that it normally does, just flick a few switches as per instruction manual, they are about £1300 but they pop up second hand a fair bit or group buys are good to look out for, i want one at some point

268 are abit to big a profile for a charger i think, I think a few use 248 (?) but ive heard that stock cams are pretty good for chargers anyway, if you did want cams dougherty racing ones are good and about £210 and i think he may possibly do a model for s/c vr6s specifically

I would say tho if you are thinking of going mad on engine goodies mate sure the cooling is spot on first, just to protect your investment (oil cooler, water injection etc)

schricks are good with a charger once you set them to activate 500rpm (3000rpm instaed of 3500)lower that it normally does' date=' just flick a few switches as per instruction manual,[/quote']

eh? Whats this about then? Is this cam or manifold related? Sorry if this is a stoopid question but i am a charger virgin! :$

schricks are good with a charger once you set them to activate 500rpm (3000rpm instaed of 3500)lower that it normally does' date=' just flick a few switches as per instruction manual,[/quote']

eh? Whats this about then? Is this cam or manifold related? Sorry if this is a stoopid question but i am a charger virgin! :$

Its about the manifold. Easy to reset