Golf IV V6 4Motion has lost 36BHP????

Hi, new to this stuff. I thought my V6 wasn't as powerful as it should be. I had a rolling road test carried out today and guess what? The standard bhp should be 204bhp mine came out at 165.3bhp. The tester told me that this is very bad as most cars do lose a bit of bhp but not as much as 36bhp!!!

He told me everything else was ok e.g the fuel and the torque. The figures as follows:

CONNECTED POWER 172.9BHP

ENGINE POWER 165.3BHP

WHEEL POWER 101.0 BHP

DRAG POWER 64.3 BHP

MAX. POWER at 5175RPM

TORQUE 256.9Nm

Does anybody else have this issue? Are VW lying about the power of the V6 or is my car just weird? The tester did not know what the issue could be. Does anyone know of any checks or fixes?

Thanks

Was it hooked up to VAG-COM when they did the run? Did it bring up any sensor faults? Hall/cam sensor fault could cause a large drop on bhp - as much as 30bhp. Could be worth replacing that - very quick job cheap for a garage to do. Failing that it could be that the timing is out which will result in a large drop in power. The rolling road diagnostic should have highlighted any irregularities in the timing etc - that's if the tester knew the correct parameters - Vince at Stealth is the place to take your car. He will diagnose and sort your car out. £50 rolling road session at Stealth Racing is well worth the trip.

here is a plot with hopefully all the info on it - www.myspace.com/gunx10 - my local dealer will be closed right now so i know somebody else with a diagnostic tool but it is a universal one - do you think that will bring up any of the faults you listed or does it have to be a vagcom