ok normally when driving my car the water temp idicator never goes above 90 which is normal but today i went for a drive into town and notice it was edging towards 100. on the way home it was 90 for most of the way but as i go near home it went past 100 and was near to 110 as i was parking it up. the fans were running but i know this isnt quite right, any help would be welcomed,

thanks

stevet

• 2 weeks later...

Change the thermostat first and see how you get on. I suspect it's your thermostat as I had a similar problem. Thermostat is probably sticking slightly and if it does stick fully as it did in my case your car will overheat quickly. Best get it done asap

• 4 months later...

im havin a similar problem with mine but iv had some one have a look at it and they say the stat is openin and that my fan is comin in jus abit late but everythin is ok or so they say!! but im gona change the stat and fan switch to see how i get on. for some reason it just dropped all my water yesterday but iv used it today and its fine dnt really no wat to think.

stevietots1,

I am sure it is located on the right hand side of the radiator (with you facing the engine), the power steering bottle gets in the way, so undo the bolts for the bottle and move it slightly, no need to disconnect the pipes from the bottle, change when the engine is cold and leave the expansion tank cap open (if not you may need to bleed the cooling systems thereafter) You will need a 30mm socket. Just remove and refit, simple even I could do this! ;)

Good luck.