i have got 17" alloys fitted to my vr and have got it lowered all round by 35 mm and when i hit a bump my arches catch so i need them sorting.while reading through some of the old messages i read the message from vrPat about getting his done at a place called top gear near burnley i was wondering if someone could tell me address and/or phone number as i am not far as i live in manchester cheers in advance waggie.

thats your problem.........im running 215s at the mo but looking to get 205s.........my vr does the very same but ive got a 40mm drop......... you could have your arches rolled/pulled as this would also sort it out!

Guest Olly_K

215 will deffo rub without arch work. i run 205's on an 8 inch wide rim for the stretched look, but im forever scratching my alloys, and apparently they can be unstable when cornering at heavey speeds. But I still wouldnt change up to 215's !

• 1 month later...

I've been to Top Gear...the place is in Burnley..had it booked in for the arches & the tool would not fit the hub....he said VR6 bolts are 14mm the wholes on his machine are only 12mm......PLease let me know if you find anywhere in the North West & i'll keep you posted......