Rolling Road Day, Saturday 19th May @ Awesome GTI

I hope people don't mind me posting this as a friend with as VR (who happened to blow it up at croft on Sat!!) pointed me to the site. VAG Cars (www.vagcars.co.uk) have organised a rolling road day at Awesome GTI on Saturday 19th May and anyone is welcome to attend. For those who don't know where Awesome GTI is located, there address is as follows;

Awesome GTI Store Ltd

Unit 1 Siemens Road

Northbank Business Park

Irlam

Manchester

M44 5AH

The cost are; 2WD cars £35.00, 4WD cars £47.00. Both prices include VAT, and there is enough room for 25~30 cars.

At this moment in time the RR day is for VAG cars only, so thats VW/Audi/SEAT/Skoda/Lamborghini/Bentley/Bugatti. Can those interested please add their name and car to the list, I'll update this post daily.

(1) Craig - Mk3 Ibiza Cupra

(2) Ali - Mk3 Ibiza Cupra

(3) CustardCupra - Leon Cupra R

(4) MurphG60 - VW Corrado G60

(5) rado-steve - VW Corrado 1.8T

(6) Jamie - Mk2 Ibiza Cupra

(7) Kev444 - Mk4 Ibiza Cupra

(8) Matt_S - Mk3 Ibiza Cupra

(9) APD - VW Mk3 Golf VR6 SC

(10) Craig Riley - VW Golf GTI

(11) gtjunior - Skoda Fabia vRS

(12) Chris Booth - Skoda Octavia vRS

(13) Cossie - Mk4 Ibiza FR TDI

(14) Phil - Mk3 Golf VR6

(15) Chris CTWG60 - VW Corrado G60

(16) P ? - VW Corrado VR6

(17) Russ magic_tree - VW Mk3 Golf VR6

(18) Lee Marsden - VW Mk2 Golf VR6

(19) William - VW Mk4 GT TDI

(20) Saul Neilson - VW Golf Mk1 1.8

(21)

(22)

(23)

(24)

(25)

(26) Tom Scott - Starlet Turbo

(27) Paul Shaw - Civic Type R

(28) Rob Smith - Saphire Cosworth

(29) David Harrison - Integra Type R

(30) Daz - Renault Clio 172

Last updated 06/05/07

If you would like your name adding to the list can you please PM me with the following details; full name, car, reg. number and mobile number. Convoys and meeting points will be arranged at a later date, once I know who's going and where there coming from.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who don’t know what Awesome GTI is like, it’s not like your usual rolling road where you’re stood miles away from the rollers and outside, in the cold and damp. Awesome’s premises is huge, it has a large clean workshop, a shop stocking thousands of parts which you can look through and the rolling road is situated at the top and has its own dedicated viewing spot right next to the rollers.

Awesome GTI take pictures and movies of every car on the rollers, you’ll also be given a flywheel graph, at the wheels graph and a torque graph to comp transmission losses, etc… Also on the day Golf+ is coming down to take a few pictures and review the day.

If it is raining outside you will not be stuck outside in the cold, you will be dry and warm inside. Here’s a picture of their rollers and below a link to the last rolling road day we had there when we teamed up with people from seatcupra.net.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroad/rr.scn_09.09.06.html

rollingroad.jpg

minshull.jpg

Low car’s will get onto the rollers, that’s never really been an issue. The price for a 2WD car is £35.00, you get one session on the rollers in which three runs are done. The rollers can take up to and over 1000bhp so wheel spin on high powered 1.8T’s and VR^’s isn’t going to be an issue.

If you are interested PM me with the details requested in the first place and I’ll be happy to add you to the list, any questions just ask!

Once I’ve got numbers I will supply everyone with a running time, and you do not need to be there all day you can come for your run and then go home should you be tight on time.