Gearbox swap

Hello everyone

I have a vw caravelle v6 24v model but i'm trying to change the auto box to a manual and have bought a 5speed from a transporter 2.5tdi gearbox code o2g and it doesn't align up with the engine the auto box has a code of o1p,does anyone know if a bellhousing from a vr6 manual box swap as the t4 has extended drive shaft this gearbox has cost a lot of money if anyone can help with info and any photos i would be very grateful.

Thanks

David

• 1 month later...

im in the process of doing this conversion myself. my donor box is from a 2.5 petrol. be warned though - you'll need a clutch any flywheel specific to the VR6 manual van - @ circa £500!!

i'll know on friday how possable this is, if all goes well i can even quote a price for the whole job (i have my own garage)

i'll let you know or you can give me a bell on 01206 760074 daytime :)

Andy

Hello Andy

I'm sorry that it didn't fit i hope that you can find somebody in Germany that can help out all i know is that they produced a manual version for the Vr6 but whether they put it in the later one's with the 24v engine i don't know it would be nice to be able to change over as i prefer manuals.

Regards

David