hey guys just wondering if anyone could shed light on this problem , my engine banged really hard when you dropped the gears and gave it some stick so i was pretty sure it was an engine mount but was not sure which one so i swapped the gearbox one first for vibra, this made a bit of difference but not much so a few weeks later i swapped the front one again for vibra the road one, this made alot of difference and engine movemont went down alot with only a tiny judder under harsh load but after about 3 weeks the juddder just came back but alot worse now its so bad i have to ride the clutch when i set off so is it the final rear mount thats nakerd or the fact that i have two stiff mounts and one standard one any help would be greatly appriciated cheers!

I 've got exactly the same problem mate, mine made large banging noise on acceleration so i investigated and the gearbox mount had completley gone, a rolled up sock would have been better, anyway changed the gearbox mount and it made a hell of a difference but i'm still getting juddering, the engine no longer is moving about but i'm wondering if the two old mounts have loss there shock absorbsion, i think that i'm gonna change them aswell.

The only other thing that i'm thinking is that the exhaust might be blowing a bit causing it too judder, maybe the engine movement has caused a fracture?? i'm gonna investigate at the weekend.

Let me know if you find out what is causing your juddering, i'll do likewise.

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...