Need Spark Plugs and Wires...question

Hey yall,

My 24V VR6 is coming up on 60,000 miles. My check engine light came on and said cylinder 6 is misfiring...my assumption is that its time for some new plugs and wires. I have an Intake and cat back exhaust. Do you recommend putting in regular plugs and wires, or should i go with a performance plugs and wires, if so is their any recomendations for some plugs and wires?

I would have thought that you would experience (ie feel) any missing as well as the engine light coming on?

Lots of thread on leads i.e. Magnacore vs other brands on the Forum. I would recommend Clare (Vdubgirl) in the sale section for a cheap and prefectly adequate set of Mega leads and plugs. If the engine is missing after replacement check coil pack is not cracked. After that diagnostics get more involved. I know I've been through all this with my VR in the last two months!

If you are after performance look at the Sticky under Engine tuning from IBVR who is developing a custom coil pack with 8mm leads.

• 5 months later...

my car actually just passed 60,000 mine said cylinder 6 misfire to...odd but anyways i just put in factory plugs and wires...if you havn't upgraded pistons or done real engine work then performance plugs and wires are pointless...with factory mine runs like a charm