Help, I'm No Mechanic And My Car Wont Start.

Some good advice posted by RCF. Has certainly expanded my list ideas from simply kicking a wheel.

"I hope you don't mind my 2p worth and I dont mean to teach anyone to suck eggs here.

I have found in my past (with much older cars) that issues when on load are generaly caused by a few main things like Spark and Fuel.

I see you say spark is there. Is it a good strong spark as on load the demands are greater so if you swap the pack and leads that will remove that from the equation. If not them then return to the Motor Factors and you know you are generating a good spark and there is no degeneration of insulation, short circuits etc.. (on a car with carbs this sounds just like the condensor has gone)

I see you have done some bits on this, so just check the fuel is not contaminated or leaking, is pressure good & not just pump but tank also. Are filters clean.

May I ask is the cut out point always at the same rev range or just at pull away??? This may indicate an issue with the throttle positioning and/or infomation flow (I had this when I was a silly youth with a Nova GTE - it had contacts which got dirty/wore out and caused the cut out).

Once you are 100% certain on these areas then things like sensors, imobilsers, earthing issues, can be looked at.

I like simple so I hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

"