as the vr6 is rough...

as my £510 vr6 is a tad rough (not that bad though, still got 5 months mot and 5 months tax!!) ive run it for nearly 3 months now and after a misfire/splutter prob that ive sorted its fine, so its time to remove the towbar, rip out the interior and fit a lonesome bucket seat, ive got new disc's and pads im fitting this week and she's all ready lowered on spax shocks and springs, so as you can see im gonna turn her into a work hack (as only me) and trackday weapon, any one else using a vr6 as a track car?? yeah its only a obd1 model 93 but she goes well, so if i crash it as long as the engine remains ok ill bung it in a mk2 as i dont really like the mk3 shape anyway lol lol... its gonna be resprayed in satin black shortly and stickered up, and thats about it, any ideas as to wether de cattin will free a few horses?? if not ill not bother!!,

cheers

Gaz

The mk3 VR6 responds well to weight reduction. I have a magazine feature on a mk3 VR which runs 11 second quarters just through reduced weight ( the engine was only mildly tuned - just a filter, exhaust, cams & remap if I remember rightly). It was quite extreme (boot floor cut away, carbon fibre wings, bootlid etc) but it's a good example of what can be achieved!

Your misfire problem is probably just plugs & leads.