Max / ideal wheel size to fit '92 fit for trackdays as well as road use

Hi, ignorant of Tunbridge Wells so please excuse the basic questions.

What is the max / ideal size for fiting onto my pre-modified 1992 VR6 both for track day use as well as legal road use?

I was thinking of Team Dynamics wheels as they seem to be good light wheels at a good price. Thoughts please.

Thanks very much.

Regards

Andy

ps any of you who are located in East Sussex. or Tunbridg Wells or Tonbridge areas with VR6s, please get in touch.

I'm sure someone else will argue these points and it is as I understand.

Well the theory, like I said, as I understand it is that the 16inch wheels give best combination to provide handling/performance vs looks on a standard road car and still not need arch works as long as you stay on the table below and within the ride height limits too. (17's are, I'm told, all about the looks)

If you go 17's or even 18's you can obviously put larger low profiles on which will improve body roll issues from a track day perspective and can still leave you with the speedo reading true. Also if you do this you can put the big brake options on front and rear! You will then just need to make sure the wheels clear the calipers etc...

Here is the tyre sizes needed on a Golf Mk3 as on the premium members link:

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?114205

The only thing is your arches will need rolling or you'll need to put extensions on if you're trying to get real low for the ultimate track day performance. Depends on how far you want to go or how big your budget is! As Always!

Good luck and I'm sure this will offer a debate for you and with all these things can be subjective and a compromise

Cheers

I'm sure someone else will argue these points and it is as I understand.

Well the theory, like I said, as I understand it is that the 16inch wheels give best combination to provide handling/performance vs looks on a standard road car and still not need arch works as long as you stay on the table below and within the ride height limits too. (17's are, I'm told, all about the looks)

If you go 17's or even 18's you can obviously put larger low profiles on which will improve body roll issues from a track day perspective and can still leave you with the speedo reading true. Also if you do this you can put the big brake options on front and rear! You will then just need to make sure the wheels clear the calipers etc...

Here is the tyre sizes needed on a Golf Mk3 as on the premium members link:

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?114205

The only thing is your arches will need rolling or you'll need to put extensions on if you're trying to get real low for the ultimate track day performance. Depends on how far you want to go or how big your budget is! As Always!

Good luck and I'm sure this will offer a debate for you and with all these things can be subjective and a compromise

Cheers