Stand in a field or put it through its paces?

Im probably in the minority on here but I was wondering why almost all Vw shows are just lots of cars all parking up in a field etc and people walking round looking at them all day. Dont get my wrong it is nice to see a nice clean car & I can understand why people enjoy it & do appreciate the efforts made but it seems with VW's theres not much trackday orientated stuff compared to other marques such as Ford, Renault, BMW etc etc etc? I've been a member of this forum for almost 2 years now and theres not been 1 track day organised which I think is a shame seeing how many powerful cars there are on here. I cant see the point in uprating everything and spending all that money when you never get the full use out of it. Theres been talk of a VR6OC trip to the ring for ages from people but I couldnt wait for it to be organised so went myself and met Jake (Vrsick) & Aswad (Cadguy) out there and it was a brilliant weekend - sorry its a bit of a long boring post but I think theres more to cars than parking in a field or car park and just looking at them :)

Agree with ya Mark

I would take it further and say Its fucking Boring at times.

Ya seen one clean blinging car on the grass ya seen them all.

Sorry to say but I would categorise it the same as train spotting and stamp collecting.

I would like to see the club move forward on to days out as other clubs do, .... club lotus & tvr-car-club look wot they get up to on there event days as a group. Trips out for the weekends, rallies and track days....

Better to drive ya ride than park it on the grass with ya bonnet and head up ya arse.

I'm being serious Mark.

How many of us hav dreamed about a group of VRs cruising:

Line of VR's cruising through old towns and shaking their foundations on a busy day.... (h)

Or All of us Racing around M25 early hours of a morning (h)

Or cruising to an unexpected country pub and filling their car park up.

Just posing and crusing in my VR is a massive massive hard on for me and I hope for everyone else to :$ (h)

Parking it up on the grass all day is a waste.

Let fucking CRUISE (h) (h) (h)

Lets do a car rallie for fuck sake..... (h)

People on the street show just as much more appreciation

when ya cruise by them than some of the arse wipes on the field with their heads in ya bonnet pointing. :-p ;)

Try and organise something then. It's all very well complaining about how things are and how someone should do something' date=' be that person.

[/quote']

A trip to the ring was organised by Cadguy at easter & I went on my own with a few mates and met people out there. I posted about doing a track day at Magny Cour, the french F1 circuit as my mates had it hired out for the day but there was no response from anyone & it only cost £250, the same as a track day over here and that include ferries, hotels the lot so I have tried a couple of times ;)

I'm all for driving my ride, I'm gagging to get mine on a UK track after our easter trip to the ring. I came back with protein stains all over my seat. fucking loved it. want more. I NEED MORE...

I don't mind going to things like E38 for a nice relaxing time, but the itch to drive my car is fecking strong. If i'm not in (SN) France (SN) I'll defo be at castle coombe at the end of the month.

Try and organise something then. It's all very well complaining about how things are and how someone should do something' date=' be that person.

[/quote']

Who's complaining :S

This disscussion was stating facts from loads of exprience,

thats why some of us dont really go to these events anymore.

Even Reading mk3annis thread yesterday made me think :) Quote:

"Is it me, or is the VW world becoming more and more small minded???"

We as individals did'nt realise until now! How some of us felt...

thats why this thread started of with Seademon's Quote:

"Im probably in the minority on here but I was wondering why almost all Vw shows are just lots of cars all parking up in a field etc and people walking round looking at them all day".

I can see he was Testing the water...... with his big toe. :-p +o(

Thanks to Mark & mk3anni for bringing it to our attention, wish I did ;)

Before ya go planning anything,

ya wanna know how peeps on the forum feel about it.

VR Cruising or VR Grazing

So come down off the fence and let us know slim *-)

:o In ya own time :^)

VR Cruising (h) or VR Grazing (bah)

If seademon & mk3anni are the minority, then I'm with them (h)

Who complaining :S

Er, you did:

I would take it further and say Its fucking Boring at times.

Ya seen one clean blinging car on the grass ya seen them all.

Sorry to say but I would categorise it the same as train spotting and stamp collecting.

Before ya go planning anything, ya wanna know how peeps on the forum feel about it. VR Cruising or VR Grazing

If seademon & mk3anni are the minority, I'm with them (h)

I don't see why the 2 have to be mutually exclusive. There's plenty of scope for both.

I'm not really interested in sitting in a field all day, but at the same time, thrashing my car round a track doesn't appeal to me much either, that's not what my car was built for.

[/quote']

Who complaining :S

This disscussion was stating facts from exprience,

thats why some of us dont really go to these events anymore.

Even Reading mk3annis thread yesterday made me think :) quote:

"Is it me, or is the VW world becoming more and more small minded???"

We as individals did'nt relise until now! How some of us felt...

thats why the thread started of with seademon quote:

"Im probably in the minority on here but I was wondering why almost all Vw shows are just lots of cars all parking up in a field etc and people walking round looking at them all day".

I can see was Testing the water...... with his big toe. :-p +o(

Thanks to Mark & mk3anni for bringing it to attention, wish I did ;)

Before ya go planning anything, ya wanna know how peeps on the forum feel about it. VR Cruising or VR Grazing

If seademon & mk3anni are the minority, I'm with them (h)

Here here!! Yeah Im not complaining about anything because I sort my own trackdays out (I assume u missed the posts I put up Slim) all i was wondering is why the majority of people with Vw's especially people on here with VR6's arent into them or want to do anything apart from looking at them. I like having a nice car but I also enjoy caning the tits off it around a track simple as that, Im not blaming anyone for anything and its nobodys fault its just the way it is but luckily for me theres a few of us that think the same as me :)

yeh id agree, why have a vr6 and just leave it sitting on the grass, gathering looks!! If you wanted looks, why spend the cash on a fast car.

A street cruise is something that i think would be amazing, then followed by a thrash round a track. :)

I would love to track day my car, i have been a couple of times with my mate and his mk2 16v and it's great. I prefer to see cars in action to be honest, but i'm worried about knackering my car doing one. It is my only transport, having just gone two weeks without it because the thermostat jammed i know i can't do without if something goes wrong. I guess people prefer different things, but i personally would go to more shows with cars running than not. I had a great day at Goodwood recently, that has a mix of show and track that i like :)

i'd love to go on a track day but it's cost that stops me!!!!

to quote seademon " it was only £250" :o:o

you must earn more than i do mate - i don't have that much for the whole month after paying bills and rent etc.......

maybe i need a better job...

naaaaaaaaaaah i work for vw - good enough for me :):)

i'd love to go on a track day but it's cost that stops me!!!!

to quote seademon " it was only £250" :o:o

you must earn more than i do mate - i don't have that much for the whole month after paying bills and rent etc.......

maybe i need a better job...

naaaaaaaaaaah i work for vw - good enough for me :):)

But I did also say that included your ferries, 2 nights accomodation and use of an F1 circuit so £250 for that is a bargain. I understand its not the cheapest of things to do but all Im saying is that theres more to owning a car than show n shines and generally looking at cars as to me personally it is quite boring and with all the mods people do why not put them to use :)

There does seem to be a high correlation between people voting cruise and people who have been to the 'Ring!

So: (h) for me.

But don't diss 1/4miles; it's not parking up and gives an adrenelin rush.

TG

Its not just cos Ive been to the ring - i find too many 'static' shows do get boring. 1/4 mile runs are ok but thats just going in a straight line as fast as you can within a 1/4 of a mile - Im not knocking anything I love it all but walking round and looking at the same cars during the summer has run its course for me.

When I book my next track day I'll let you all know and those that want to come can and those that would prefer not to thats fine, I wont be offended! Im just trying to open peoples eyes to fun alternatives to walking around looking at cars on a weekend. I appreciate everyone likes different things but there seems to be a high percentage of owners here that have bought a VR6 just to keep it looking pristine which is great but for me a cars for driving.

Thats just my opinion thought and I know it will be different to the majority of people on here and thats cool (h)

Guys I only have experiance of Organising shows I have no idea of how to organise track days and that + it also the time which it takes up to organise things like this. I have my hands full doing 2-3 shows a month + other stuff for the VR6OC which prob most people dont realise I do!

Also its also finding a Numbers, venue and date which will accomodate people who wish to attend things like this.

As I've said MANY times before to people if you want to go ahead and organise club days then please feel free to and I will back you all the way.