3 Door rear card/panel removal

I've had a good look but can't find any threads on how to remove the card for the rear seats on a 3 door Golf VR6 Mk3 (1993). I want to removal the cards (or panels) to get to the rear speakers. I can see that there are 3 phillips screws by the door column but want to be clear on what I'm doing before I get started. Any one help?

i replaced my rear speakers/tweeters and didnt remove rear panels! remove the 3 screws on the edge of panel, pull lower seat forward out of the way, unscrew speakers and pull panel to one side so u can slide ur hand behind panel to remove/fit speakers. hope this helps..

if you want to do the job by removing the door cards rather than fiddle behind a partially attached one its best to remove the rear seats altogether tbh, only a ten minute job in itself. you can then see the plastic plugs holding the remainder if the trim in place which unscrew and then you just pull the card away from the top!

Cheers Geezers. Great stuff and I am grateful. I have so far gone down the lazy route but we'll see when it comes to fitting the crossovers behind the cards whether the seats come out! I have posted another thread on ICE Forum if either of you know anything about original VW wiring!! Muchly ta. Chars.

• 3 years later...

sorry to hijack someone else's threads, but my new one's aren't showing up in "new Posts"... my question is...How the hell do you get the rear door cards off on a 5 door highline 93 vr6 (Golf), can't see any screws at all!! i started pulling at the bak of the top right of the a part if it came away leaving a black plastic thing on the door trim and a white plastic threaded bit on the door itself, then tried pulling further down the door but something seems to have snapped, as there is now broken orange thing on the door card and a white plastic thing with two large circles of white plastic attached to the door, don't want to go any further if I'm breaking stuff and I have to do this tonight as have a long drive tomorrow and the electric window on that side has come out of it motor and so keeps falling down, don't want my daughter falling out of it (or sticking her head out of it) on the motorway.... Please help!!!!