Despite the entire cooling system on my engine being replaced (and I do mean THE LOT) I am still losing a bit of coolant and getting a coolant smell inside the car.

What I need is an easier way of locating the leak. Is there such thing as a coloured dye that can be put into a coolant system to show up leaks? and if so, where can I get it from?

Despite the entire cooling system on my engine being replaced (and I do mean THE LOT) I am still losing a bit of coolant and getting a coolant smell inside the car.

What I need is an easier way of locating the leak. Is there such thing as a coloured dye that can be put into a coolant system to show up leaks? and if so' date=' where can I get it from?

[/quote']

From 2002-2004 I had a Corrado VR6. Ive changed everything in the entire cooling system on my engine. I had been working nightshift, and drove into Oslo city where I live at 07:15 am in the morning. It bloddy freezing outside. January here can be cold. All off the sudden when I parked the car, my fan was blowing smoke in my cabin. 3 seconds later the cabin was FULL of smoke! Since Ive been smelling the "flavour" before I knew what had happen. The coolant water was flowing on the floor. Right then I was so MAD, so I slammed the door and went to bed. 1 week later I had porred down so much snow, so I needed to check the car.........

It was gone *-)

Towing company was "cleaning" the street for snow. Ive been driving the bus for work, so I did not see the signs they but up. (h)

So the towing company had my car. 220 pounds THANK YOU, MATE!! ;)

So I got the car home to my parets house, and started to take the hole interiour off... SHIT job I tell you! EVERYTHING on the floor was floating in coolant water. Ok.. Some days after "in -19`C things take time" I was ready to fire the car up. No battery.

Checked the battery, and it was almost twice as big as usuall :o

It had frozen, and there I was again... Hehe...

So coolant smell in the cabin, check your heater radiator. Alot off work, and on Corrado`s, its the same as in mk2 Golf. MK2 Golf had very long warranty on it here in Norway. I called up VW in Oslo, and told them my problem. They said: What car was it again? 92 Corrado VR6... VW: Sorry mate, good luck with the job. Gotta love it.

Sorry if off topic.

So my Golf have complete Samco hoses now... hehe. Just waiting for all the plastic around it to crack:)