i used confused this year to get my best quote and ended up going with link. at the time i was driving a 306td. came to change my insurance to my gti a few months ago so i phoned them to transfer it, only to be told that i couldnt transfer as my link policy only allows me to drive upto a group 10 insurance car!! if i was 18 i wouldnt mind but im 27 with 4 years no claims!

anyway.....they told me they would get the best quote they could for me which was over a grand fully comp. tesco had quoted me cheaper so i told them i would have to cancel and they charged me 30 quid !! wouldnt normally mind but it was them who couldnt insure me!!!

if u get your policy through confused...make sure you actually read your policy guidelines

tesco had quoted me cheaper so i told them i would have to cancel and they charged me 30 quid !! wouldnt normally mind but it was them who couldnt insure me!!!

That is because the contract is to cover the specific vehicle at the time the policy is not taken out. There is nothing to garuntee they will cover any other car you wish to change to. As you are effectively changing the conditions of the contract, they are within their rights to charge a fee to cancel.

Basically, they'll f*ck you over any way they can......as i'm sure we all know! :@