• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VRTurbo off to paint for complete respray in Sepang  

Posted Images

Also work was carried out by midlands vw they have virtually brought my car back to life ..so anyone in the midlands go check em, and sorry for not introducing myself properly .. been a lurker since I got hold of my highline last year and this site has been a life saver ..anyway im luke and from the Midlands UK and absolutely love my first vr6..

Also work was carried out by midlands vw they have virtually brought my car back to life ..so anyone in the midlands go check em, and sorry for not introducing myself properly .. been a lurker since I got hold of my highline last year and this site has been a life saver ..anyway im luke and from the Midlands UK and absolutely love my first vr6..

Yes Luke. Hi and welcome mate.

Them pirelli's are the best tyres on the planet by far. I have them on mine. Abit pricey but well worth it.

How you finding the TT comps? Used to have them on mine but rubbed on the rear arches.

Cheers pal.. when I got the car there was slight score marks on rear tyres from rubbing on arches ..but now had a proper setup where now front and back are at correct height for best ride on our crap roads and no rubbing on any full lock... through front setup is slightly higher than the rear..all works and handles really well.. any ideas on how to refurbishment these tt comp alloys some curb marks and blemishes? ? Cheers luke

10 hours ago, Luke Jones said:

1491035016758.jpeg
Treated to 4x new pirelli p zero Nero for passing mot...had no problems apart from abs ... light for abs crushed in dash pod and wiring had been cut on abs pump and needed 4 x new abs sensors fitted ..bit of a sore bum but we'll happy !!

ABS, whats that... Mine got no abs. Hahaha. :ph34r:

Cheers pal.. when I got the car there was slight score marks on rear tyres from rubbing on arches ..but now had a proper setup where now front and back are at correct height for best ride on our crap roads and no rubbing on any full lock... through front setup is slightly higher than the rear..all works and handles really well.. any ideas on how to refurbishment these tt comp alloys some curb marks and blemishes? ? Cheers luke

Luke I had mine powder coated in a bright shine aluminium and you could hardly tell the difference. A place by me in Manchester did them for £200 and did a right good job. They were in a state before with deep scores and little chunks out of the lips. The stripped them back and Ali fill them first. Not like most that will push your tyres back, these guys take them off and do the full wheel. Them refit the tyre and balance them with new valves.
There's a place in London that mirror polish and lacquer them after repair but they wanted £120 a wheel.
On Saturday, April 01, 2017 at 9:26 AM, Luke Jones said:

1491035016758.jpeg
Treated to 4x new pirelli p zero Nero for passing mot...had no problems apart from abs ... light for abs crushed in dash pod and wiring had been cut on abs pump and needed 4 x new abs sensors fitted ..bit of a sore bum but we'll happy !!

ABS, whats that... Mine got no abs. Hahaha. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...