BEST EXHAUST FOR THE MK3 VR6?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say get anything but a custom made one....... they stink (no offence) or mine did.....

I got a powerflow from somewhere in leeds and it was rusty within about 6 months...

get one thats made specially for your car that had been tested etc........

they aint loud if its custom, i got highflow cat the works with extra silencer for it to be quiet, had it for bout a year no rust plus it has a lifetime garentee, guess it depends on where you go. milltek systems are the nuts aswell hard to choose really.

Well my Milltek fitted perfectly. Stealth really liked it. There may be a few duds out as with all exhausts. Jetex are supposed to be harder to fit as they have a 2.5" bigger bore. The milltek is the same size as stock but more free flowing.

My Milltek is brilliant. Not overly loud. But really howls like an aston martin when you floor it. Couple it with a BMC and it sounds perfect. Supersprint are supposed to be very good too. Jetex are good especially good with forced induction due to the bigger bore.

Unfortunately you won't see much of a gain with any of these unless you go for further mods. All make the car sound and look better though and make the car more free revving.

Always used Supersprint on my last two VR6s.

This time I bought Remus, and I cant say there are any diffrence.

Except that I got the Remus used from a wrecked car, and got a god price. One off the things I really like, is NOT to have to much noise when I drive normal. "To old for that :-p " But with full throotle, the car screams like a beast. (6)

Thank you Z-Engineering :o

i agree with matth76 had my miltek on for 5 years never touched it since fitting ,and sounds great ,quite a few of my mates have vr6s at one time with different systems but they all comment on the sound from the miltek he he

i have a jettex with a decat pipe its really sings at high revs but round the town its only a bit louder than stock and u dont notice it at motor way speeds unless u change down and gun it . i fitted it myself my car is a vento but done it in my lunch hour on my ramp at work so i would say its not hard to fit at all

I am not sure how people can say custom built systems are no good. What a sweeping generalisation! Quality may well vary from one place to the next, but that is insufficient basis to condemn them all.

I am happy with my Powerflow cat-back system. It is louder than OE, but certainly not overpowering. Those that have heard it say it sounds really good. I know I like it!

iv a custom built Powerflow sounds good but to good because would u believe it earned me A FCUKING ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR ORDER!!

it is knackered now but i bought the car with it on so iv no idea what age it is. also it rattles against the crossmember at the back but i thinks it's a 2.5" bore might explain it.

I had a custom powerflow on my old mk3, way too loud!!

I fitted (on thursday) a cat back Magnex system to my vr highline (£288 delivered from ebay, so so easy to fit), and its awesome, sounds great, nice and quiet at low revs but sounds great when giving it some!!

I noticed a good difference in response and its also much more keen to build up the speed quicker through all the gears.

I went for the twin 3" pipes. Going to get a de-cat pipe soon too.

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting an exhaust aswell now but its a tricky one as to which one to go for ! From the look of things powerflow seem to be a little to loud by the sound of a few threads i have read so far.

I am looking at a blueflame one now as i have heard very good things about them, so was just wondering if anyone else has one on there vr6 ?