clutch pedal problem ....help!!!!!

my clutch cable as come out of the pedal due to the little metal bit which sits on top of the pedal as broke away from the spot weld.

Is this an easy fix. its a 97 vr6.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

take pedal off .weld plate back on ' date='be sure to replace plastic clip

[/quote']

Thanks Bud

The retaining clip on the pedal????

do you just prise it off or is there a special procedure to remove it.

:)

mine removed itself lol

you wasn,t doing a super fast gear change was u lol, i was going steady at the time then put clutch down coming to traffic lights to take it out of gear pedal just went down with a snapping noise, got pedal of now so i,ll try and get it welded back on tomorrow the bit of metal.typical when i,ve booked a weeks holiday.thanks for quick advise. :)

got it all back together sunday pain in the arse trying to get the piston type spring back in place,only problem i knackerd the retention clip on the left hand side of the pedal what holds the pedal on, drove ok but had to order a new retention clip from vw not getting it until thursday.i der,nt use car the pedal will fall of,they said at vw on a whole they only have 25 retention clips in stock :@

ciaran it is easy to remove once you get the retaining clip off the left hand side of the pedal i wedged a screw driver in to get it off.

A nice bloke next door to my mums welded the plate back he said it's commom on alot of cars it was only spot welded on so he put loads of weld all the way round, the worst bit is getting to compress the little piston spring i used hands and a screw driver, the problem is there's not much room in the foot well to work :S my hands have nics and scraches all over, pedal stayed on from my brothers house 3miles away it drove normal i was a good 15 mile away in the sticks when it happened i put it in 2nd gear and bumped started it to get it home when i got two a busy junction which i tried the best to avoid i breaked to let the car to stall then bump started it again.good look if it happens to any one. :)

• 9 months later...

my word i have had so many problems with this,my pedal was a bastard to get off as the rod was through the apeture where the spotweld broke, got new clutch pedal from vag , #44.78 ,but can i get the thing back on , bloody nuisance,cant get the white plastic clip to sit back on the ball of the rod, cant get the fooking pedal back on either , have been told that the whole pedal box has to come off to be reassembled, or is this a whole load of shite?, anyone have any good advice?