Black 5 Door Highline -Supercharged-August '08 - FOR SALE!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Nice car mate was just checking out the forums, noticed your thread had a look its come on nice since the start, i must say the wheels do a great job of completing the look, i have the same wheels and am on the look out for some tt's but still think the bbs's look great lol i'm in the process of doing something similar myself, i think the mk3 vr's look outstanding with a bit of tlc as you have shown, i hope to get mine to a high stndard too, i only bought it a few weeks back but am already plotting things lol needs body work as its starting to rust a little inthe usual places, did you come up against any major issues or has it been a fairly easy job ??

Hi Ads.

Thanks for the positive comments. I haven't added to this thread in ages as I have done very little to the car of late apart from the usual maintainance things.

When I first bought the car I planned to "lightly" modify it but as most VR owners will tell you, once you start, it's hard to stop.

I had a fairly good base car to start with so that made things easier. It was by no means a perfect example but it helped. I started with the basic but important things before I went in search of more power. Made sure then engine was in as good shape as possible then moved on to brakes and suspension. Cosmetic wise, I didn't go all out and have a full respray done, mainly due to finances at the time. Wheel arches were rolled due to slight rubbing issues with the TT's so the areas that are prone to rust were taken care of at that time. I could definately do with a full respray now though as stone chips and other careless drivers have taken their toll.

The best advise I could give, would be to make sure the car is mechanically sound in as many areas as possible before going for more power. Oh and make sure it stops well!

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...