Ok Guys and Girls

As the thread states, just wondering what would be quicker, a standard vr6 or a standard octavia vrs...

....2.8 six cylinder 174bhp vs 1.8T 4 cylinder 180bhp.

So what do you reckon would be in it......much?....and who would come out tops?????

Anyone ever raced one in their VR????

Cheers Folks !lol

i cant really comment on the vrs but there's not a lot in it between a chipped 1.8t ibiza which i'd say is much quicker than the octavia power to weight so my money would go on the vr tbh......ive had a couple of rip's with modded 1.8t mk4 again very close but ive had the edge.

I got chased up the A1 by a VRS (with a fed init !grr ) The snide raced me for nearly 15miles, :o and then when he nearly stuffed it up my rear end under heavy breaking :o he put his blues and twos on F*ckin Loser, I hope you are reading this you Knobneck piece of shit in a suit!! ~:( ( i was in a 55plate mondeo !amazed not mine a customers!) and i Whooped your snide Ass!! The only reason i was pulled is cause you drive like a cock, anyway the point is the VRS is cack :(( Ramble finished (and breathe!!) Goosefraaba!!!

I think the tourque of the V would win out in the end.Off the mark it would be close though

ian

THE 1.8T MAKES A LOT OF TORQUE L,OW DOWN THEN IT DROPS OFF THE VR IS THE OTHER WAY ROUND

JUST DONT GET CAUGHT INA HIGH GEAR AT LOW REVS AND YOUL EAT HIM

Its the same engine thats in the 1800t 180bhp mk4 anniversary (but probably with cheaper internals being a skoda!)I raced my mate and destroyed him, he was annoyed and therfore went out and brought a chip, some people are so competitve! As said before the 1800t is a very flat engine with no real torque in comparision to the VR. They are nippy of the mark, but above 70 the VR will pull as the little 1800 is not really up to much above 100!

Race him and beat him mate! Those who have faith in thier 1800t's are fools! ha ha ha!

i did a vrs in my stendard vr[181bhp/torque].like u say above 70mph left it for dead!

did the same to a 911 carrera4 in the s/c vr.thought it might be a close run thing?dropped 3 cogs to 3rd,70mph to 120mph 3rd,4th,5th.left that aswell!must av been dissapointed with his 30k porker when a 12 yr old golf smokes him!LOL.