nissan pulsar gtir

Guest GTiR

i know u lot are german boys and i love german cars as well as jap thats why im looking into getting a vr6 too just wondard what u think of these i know the interiors are cheap but as a fun car what do u think has anyone on here raced 1, i love them a bit small though, i driven evos and scoobys and there no match to my car and that was before ive tuned it up madly.

i want to run to the pod never done a quarter before my mate gets 12.7 in a very mildly modded pulsar with just a exhaust and air filter on standard boost so i hopfully will get high 11s with my mods what kind of times do vrs run standard and modded.

the pulsar is an incredable amount of fun and power for your money! doesnt have the german build quality nor the looks (no offence) but you dont buy them for that. if a gtir pulled up beside me i wouldnt even attempt to race it. personally i would love to own a pulsar despite their build quality and looks, its their reliabilty, tuneabilty and power that win me over!!

fancy doin a swap

its the insurance thats a killer

silver line they are more a toy than a car ive never lost a race even against a lotus carlton its so fast but not a family car i was going to get a vr before but once i test drove a pulsar i fell for it just the fact not many people know what they are and beating 911s and m3 of the lights its just worth the look on there face which makes worth buying 1 but there not the most sensible cars nor the cheapest to run but for pure fun not much can beat it the thing with a vr they sound so nice and are comfortable and are nippy standard putting the power down well throgh the front wheels.

i have had a race with a pulsar on a notorius road near me. on the bends he stuck with me, but when i opened mine up, i honstly left him.. now he may well have been a bad driver but at the end of the road, he pulled up along side and asked me what the fuc* had i done to my VR!!! he was totally gobsmacked! - and so was I!!

if both cars are modded no disrespect put a vr would have to be highly tuned to stay with a mildly modded pulsar as ive raced plenty of vrs and i think there lovely high quality cars but the gtir is for pure speed and nothing at all on the road has been a match for me not just on the straight but these cars are built for different things i wouldent want to travel for hours in my car but a vr id be happy as there smooth and nice.

GTIR;s are great - i went out in one of these about 6 years ago and loved it... Only thing is parts i know can be extremely pricey! I know this cos my mate priced bits up on it before he took the plunge - it was that bad he decided against it... Quite a rare car now too..

Would be an interesting comparison against a charged syncro ;-)

there is no way a vr would pull away from a pulsar, unless the pulsar driver let the vr pull away! a vr would need some SERIOUS mods to get away from a pulsar.

i raced an old skline (N reg) an R32 or what ever the older 1s are but it had to be a non turbo 1 cos i kept up with it, if it was turbo charged it would of left me for dust! maybe i under estimate the vr too much but anything like the pulsars, scoobys, evos infact most jap performance cars i leave alone!

i looked at the vr today and it was cheap for a reason with 94k on the clock it sounded rough and was smokeing a bit the person said he has only had it for 3 weeks which sounded dodgy and it never had air con either so ill keep on looking, 330 bhp from a vr well done mate i watched something on the net and there was a mental 1 over taking gt2s and every thing round the track it proper flys it was unbeleavable must of been 500bhp plus lol.

round my way we all have quite fast cars, i have 4 mates with pulsars and all i can say is they break! 0-60 nothing in this price range will touch them but up and above 100 they do begin to run out of steam.. i raced one of my mates who has one with a 300bhp norris designs conversion.. he only creapt past me at around 135 but my vr is standard.. one of my other mates had his a week before he cooked a plug which dropped the tip into the engine, nasty.

I think they are more comparable to skyline gtrs and evos in 0-60 times...

as for one of you guys that thought you raced a non turbo skyline.. chances are it was a single turbo gts-t 0-60 in around 6.2 had one of these when i was 19.. to big and heavy bit like a vr ;) you would have left a non turbo for dead..