I think you should go and have a test drive of a 16v and a VR6, the difference is phenomenol! worth the extra juice, definately! In fact I think you'd probably end up using less juice in the VR because it doesn't need to be driven as hard to go fast! Also the fact that it's a 12v rather than a 16v means that it is better at lower revs! !lol

biased, Katie :)

no well said katie!!!

i see around an avarage of 28mpg on most tanks and i have a rather heavr right foot. just consider that u will only get 300 miles to a tank if u can afford it buy a VR if u cant buy a TDI!!!!

Nice info people.

I know u guys are vr6 fans loool, but im a vdub fan in general. Ive drove a 16 valve mk3, and 125 mph down the motorway (in the rain,could do 130) is impressive but i honestly think the vr6 highline is the ultimate golf in the mark 3...which happens to be my favourite mark. I own a mk3 tdi and fuel economy is unbeleivably brilliant...but you only get 90 horspower lool. I have to go to and from manchester...to birmingham twice a week, i do around 400 miles per week and the tdi is brilliant. I only put 35 pounds worth of diesel in each week. But i need a performance, luxury vehicle and the highline seems to be supreme.

yer, but im gunna try and get a p reg or r reg if possible, i might aswell go for a highline. Does the vr6 have abs traction control etc, as my tdi has none of these, so when im driving on the motorway it does sometimes feel a bit heavy and sometimes makes me feel a bit scared. Especially when i come off onto a slip road or go round bends.

all vr's have a primative form of traction control and i think all have ABS. highline has aircon also and some have heated leather.

i don't drive like an idiot eigther but have been known to break the law sometimes.

my vr is yet to meet a track