• 9 months later...

saying goes , no replacement for displacement :D (read that on this forum somewhere :P ) by that i mean R32 all the way . :) tho i was mighty impressed by a V6 4-motion we had in at work . loving the cream/beige leather recaros :) the diagnostics took twice as long just so i could spend more time in that lovely interior ;)

we had a 4 motion in the other day through sales and one of our tech's took it out and he followed me up the road in a mk5 2.0 tdi 6speed 140bhp which i was in and it took him till over 80 to catch me' date='these new dervs are bloody full of torque lol

[/quote']

must agree the other halfs brother has 1 and its pretty rapid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Having had experience of both engines, I reckon that a 12v VR6 bored & stroked to 3.1 litres with a gasflowed big valve head, 264 cams and a schrick manifold would give you almost identical power and delivery to a stock R32.

Having had experience of both engines' date=' I reckon that a 12v VR6 bored & stroked to 3.1 litres with a gasflowed big valve head, 264 cams and a schrick manifold would give you almost identical power and delivery to a stock R32.

[/quote']

you reckon youd get the low rpm (sub 2k) torque? thatd be pretty impressive

Having had experience of both engines' date=' I reckon that a 12v VR6 bored & stroked to 3.1 litres with a gasflowed big valve head, 264 cams and a schrick manifold would give you almost identical power and delivery to a stock R32.

[/quote']

Yep. When it comes to low-down torque, there is no substitute for extra CCs. If you want your VR to go just like an R32, I'm convinced that this would be the way to do it.

Pete is right though, the engine is only half the story. A lower final drive helps matters enormously on the mk3 VR.

[/quote']

Yep. When it comes to low-down torque, there is no substitute for extra CCs. If you want your VR to go just like an R32, I'm convinced that this would be the way to do it.

Pete is right though, the engine is only half the story. A lower final drive helps matters enormously on the mk3 VR.

niiice and i vouch for petes its damn quick for n/a took me till around a ton to pull away from him thansk to that fd and schrick (both of which i really want lol)

or' date=' get a 3.6 final drive with quaiffe diff... I've upset countless R32 drivers in my golfie, gearbox modifications are often overlooked, but I'm sure any of the guys who went the ring with me can vouch for it's poke.

[/quote']

Yeah it was quite quick ;)

Not as quick as that limo the stag do lads were in :)

• 1 month later...