Hi guys,

After having my engine played with more times than a Vietnamese hoe it is now fully opperational in 2.9 form and I'm running it in.

Thing is my bloody oil breather is screwed, it is split completely and I am in need of a new one. I originally thought about just getting a K&N breather but as I told Mark earlier today, I put one on my rocker cover at the weekend with a jubilee clip and as I drove it up the road I gave it a bit of throttle and it blew the thing off completely, all that was left was the clip and a ripped bit of the rubber hose!

I have tried VW and as most of you may know, the original breather only comes with the throttle body hose at a price of £125!!

I have enquired at Ford as I read on a forum that Ford will supply the breather and hose assembly seperately as I know for a FACT the Mk1 Galaxy came with the 12V VR motor but the prick in the parts department told me they were/are all 24v ones and wasn't interested in speaking to me at all!

Advise would be great as £130 from a stealer is not the answer I'm looking for and I'm driving around withound a breather and my car stinks!!

If you don't mind the odd whiff of crankcase fumes at idle, just vent to atmosphere. Actually, if you run a nice long pipe down to the steering rack, you won't smell it.

The VR's vacuum on the over run is immense and it sucks in a goodly amount of oil vapours.

Got the part I need from Ford and had a few funny looks from the guy behind the counter. He asked me how I got the part number as a guy had asked the same thing a while ago and he couldn't find it for love nor money.

Ahh don't you just love forums?!!! Cheers for all your help guys, all nice and new now!

I just reconnect mine for the MOT and then whip it off when I get home :-) I'm not putting smelly oily fumes into my engine!

The Gibbons that MOT'd my car this year said I needed a CAT and it only just passed the emissions. So I pointed to the Milltek sport cat and asked them what they thought it was. Cats are obvious by the way the exhaust smells!

• 2 weeks later...

does any1 know of an oil seperator suitable for the vr? I am having real bad breathing problems, the charger is draining the oil through the breather in the rocker cover and burning it on the out. My mechanic reakons this seperator will solve the problem..?

Those breather valves are available from ford for around £19+vat BUT i have found a source that will supply me 20 for £17 all in !! So if 20 of you are interested then let me know and i will buy them and bring them down to santa pod, or post them if enough are interested ?!