Exhaust Wrap - What length is required?

well it's reccomended u do 50% overlap when u do it i got 40m and only done half of mine and used half the roll already. so in a word NO!!

also if u wrap it what u planning to hold the stuff on with jubilee clips???

well it's reccomended u do 50% overlap when u do it i got 40m and only done half of mine and used half the roll already. so in a word NO!!

also if u wrap it what u planning to hold the wrap on with jubilee clips???

well make sure u use something good to hold on the wrap.

my mate works at a tuning place tune jap cars mainly skylines evo's imprezas and the like and he has allways been reccomended to do 50% lap. last thing u qwant is to do it and get a gap appear when u are finished.

here is what iv done so far

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/ciaranboylan/6-2-12.jpg

i have also used some sort of wire he gave me that does not expand with the heat.

fcuk me thats a good job u should start doing it for people and charging them.

im going to ceramic coat mine and then re-wrap it double insulation. did u do any porting on yours yet??

alot of rough edges on mine in the inside so got it ported for extra flow.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

hey kie dub, just did my turbo bits with wrap,if you want all the bits and down pipe and manifold you will need 2 x 15 mtrs. and dont worry when it smokes for a while . it burns off in 30 mins or so, but still worries you that the pretty wrap you put on with so much effort starts to smoke and change colour, its ok. just thought i would save you the heart attack when it happens. ps my turbo is on the road again. 2 g/boxes and second turbo but im back.