Hi,

What turbo manifold are people running, kenetic or ATP? Can you get LHD and RHD versions of these?

Also do you know the cheapest place I can get the manifold I need?

I think i'm going to start on a DIY turbo conversion, should be pretty cheap as I can make pipes up, intercooler from a scrapped car, lots of turbo's knocking about etc!

Only bits I can't do on the cheap is make a manifold and decompression plate. Can get a turbo chip for cheap too!

Cheers for help. :)

We have done some research into this. VR6 turbo is a very popular conversion in the US, but made alot harder over here by the LHD problem.

We bought both an ATP manifold and Kinetic (both are only LHD fitment), and tried with a couple of turbos. They both foul the brake servo. We machined the manifolds down, tried getting an angle on the flange but could not get a fit we were happy with.

We can now offer a proper cast RHD fitment manifold. This has a T3 flange and flange for an external wastegate. The turbo sits in a much better position than both of the above, with the flange at the bottom of the manifold and not at the back.

There are no clearance issues even with large turbos. The compressor housing comes close to the steering UJ boot on a mk3, but not too close.

turbo.jpg

We will have these soon and can be yours delivered to your door for £270. Cheaper than ATP and Kinetic and made to fit. Good for 400bhp+

Tom.

Thanks for the interest. We are currently working on a kit, but finding a combination of parts that will suit everybody is taking some time.

The first kit is being trialed on the ibiza. Once were happy with that we will be able to offer the whole lot.

We would be able to supply a base map for the ecu, but it would ideally need tweaking to give optimum results.

Tom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Were developing our own. Ibiza's all done, just need to check fitmant and adjust for mk2 / mk3. all depends on interest how complete the kits will be - may work out better to supply a sort of "part bake" kit - that has all the major components all nice and cheap, but would need some custom piping etc.

If there's enough interest to warrant R&D on complete kits then we'll get on it.

There a post with the pics of the kit so far here

Tom