Is it just me?.....

Or does everyone have annoying as f*ck rattles from inside their VR? I have to say, the most annoying ones for me are the rattles that come from the lock buttons/pins (that pop up and down inside the door cards?) They make the most annoying little rattle, think ill bung some nice yelloe plastacine on them to shut them up!

Anyway, pointless thread, but had to get it off my chest lol... :)

Lol you get it off your chest hun :-) I dont have any rattles from mine at the mo but its only a matter of time now as my ICE is all installed now and its booming away like a good un I can even get my rear windscreen wiper move on the rear windscreen now :-)

Well mines standard, no boom boom in the boot (unfortuately :( ) and no coilovers (yet :) ) Just annoying as feck rattls! TBH though, i do think the majority of them come from thos little lock buttons in the doors, little b@stards! Anyone know if you can buy thicker ones that take up almost the full hole, maybe then they wont have as much space to move around?

LMFAO - ive got one of those too, of the wife variety... i get a row if i put my foot more than half way to the floor, so you can imagine the look on her face when I drop into 2nd and floor it @ 40MPH with a type R up my @ss :)..... the joys.

The swap shops don't take wifes unfortunately :( Im doomed to be sticking to the speed limits for the rest of my matrimonial life :( lol...

Another question actually, what do peeps use to shine their tyres up? ive tried loads of things, but they all seem to go dull again when they're dry - anyone know of a good tyre shine that gives that constant nice shiney wet look? :)

You lucky mo fo, not many blokes are lucky enough to have car friendly girlfriends... :( If I hear the "You care more about that car than you do about me" line one more time thats it!!!... :P

You lucky mo fo' date=' not many blokes are lucky enough to have car friendly girlfriends... :( If I hear the "You care more about that car than you do about me" line one more time thats it!!!... :P[/quote']

Then again my I do my b/f's head in with my cars &| The vr has just been refered to has a heap only just 5 minutes ago :(

Ahhhh... but do you all have the sort of partner/girlfriend/wife that can change her own brake pads, wheel bearings, cylinder heads, ball joints, track control arms and difficult starters?? !amazed Oh! and I'm allowed out when I want, no questions asked, pubs, nights out etc etc... bet you wish you had one!!! !amazed !amazed I have!!! :P:o:P:D

You lucky mo fo' date=' not many blokes are lucky enough to have car friendly girlfriends... :( If I hear the "You care more about that car than you do about me" line one more time thats it!!!... :P[/quote']

Then again my I do my b/f's head in with my cars &| The vr has just been refered to has a heap only just 5 minutes ago :(

I hate them, insensitive twats! My brother in law is like that .."A car is just a mode of transport from A to B!" Yeah right! that's why he siezed the engine...didn't know eough about cars, and failed to check the oil!!!

Thanks Wilko ref tyre stuff - ill check that out!! does it keep its shine and not go dull straight away?...

28v6r - where do you get wimmin like that? please give me directions to my nearest nag-free companion store! lol

Mina - Id never thought about that, think i might look into that in a bit mor detail, thanks for the tip :)

Vdubgirl, is your man looking for a new woman? he can have my missus! then me and you can stay up all night hoovering the motors and waxing the paintwork, stick em VR's in the garage and enjoy the fruits of your labour the next day! Only thing abuot these sunny days is as soon as you go over 45mph you can expect a fly cemetery on you bonnet in 10 seconds :(

yes after the stupid sliding jobber on the sunroof went i replaced the whole cartridge, needed to remove all of the interior trim, side panels, roof lining.... now of course there are rattles, one comes from my sunvisor, the other from passenger side sumwhere, a rattle in the rear, think its from the shitty 5mm perspex sheet i put over the amp, just being replaced by 8mm today :) And as for rattles from the ice...... front wipers jump off of the screen... quality!!!! :)

wonder tyres stay shiny for about a week!!!!and when it rains,it looks like you have waxed your tyres too!the water all beads off them!a tip!i always dress my tyres 10 minutes before i wash the car!trust me!the stuff is better than auto glym!!!the only stuff that comes near to wonder tyres is tyre silk(a green spray can)HOWEVER!!!!! i do not recommend buying this product unless you find a can with an 'L*******' serial number on it otherwise you will only ever use a 3rd of the can!!!!!YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!

I really need to get me some ice - then I wont hear the rattles as much lmao... if my sunroof goes caput, it'll be staying caput - just like my heated leathers!

Cheers again wilko, deffo be giving that a try mate - good tip my freind :) Can this tyre stuff be used for other black trim, like other tyre blackening products? just out of interest :)

Have read you can fit Mk4 door pulls - you will need to enlarge the hole slightly - but it will stop one of your rattles!!!

I've got Mk4 chrome door pulls in mine. No enlarging of holes required.

The only problem I have is that Mrs loves "Beastie" as he is called more than me! &|

my car has a rattle somewhere in the dash and since having the sub, everything seems looser too. and the left side of my instrument panel illumination keeps turning off, give it a firm whack and back on it comes. I blame ICE and pot holes. I can even get my rear view mirror to vibrate !amazed

memories &| i used to b able to lift the rear wiper off and at night if i looked in the rear view mirror id see 2 polo mints instead of lights (IT WAS FANASTIC) :P but alas i had to sell most of system to pay for my car to b dragged up the towtruck on its roof!!! !ill ~:(:(B)

I use a silicone based lubricant aerosol i get from work ( for nothing ;) ) the shine is excellent and lasts for ages.Not sure where you would get some though :( .

p.s gotta be carefull not to get to much on the tread :@