The Focus RS's actually hold their value very well. If you pick one up for 15-16k now they will still sell for that a year later. Nice cars and fairly rare. Definitely tune it up to 270bhp+. Do you own the car or were you just test driving it? How does it compare to your VR6? A standard focus RS shouldn't be much different performance wise to a mildly tuned VR (with 200bhp). A tuned RS is a different matter though!

Talking about torque steer... when ever I overtake I really have to apply the power carefully (can't just plant my foot) as I can feel the steering wheel pulling. I'm getting my car lowered soon so hopefully it will make it more stable.

I here good things about focus RS's, escpecially when blue-fined. I have also heard storys about heavy torque steer of the line and belive all focus rs's after 53 plate had an uprated LSD. Nevertheless, trust ford not to notice this in the first place and fix the problem later. Lol

I thought the uprated diff made a mess of it's cornering feel/steering feedback?

I did toy with the idea of one, or a Mini CooperS (maybe works) or a 4motion but in the end I decided to keep some money in the bank instead as we're looking for our next house and they do cost silly money!

Very pleased with the VR6.

bougt 1 a month ago , love it , seriously hard core car . the torquesteer isnt that bad , no worse than anything else with lots of power through the front wheels done bluefin and system and its pretty quick , wanted something that willhold its value fairly well that rang my bell to be honest.

tried an r32 and wasnt overwhelmed and was seriously intothe cupra r but the focus put a big smile on my face and turns more heads than you would believe.

Got to agree about this car!

Was a bit dubious when my mate said he was guna buy one, but now its has to be one of my favourite cars to go out in, alongside a 355 and Tuscan S I must say!!

Its been bluefinned and full stainless, decat and other bits and the thing pisses on EVERYTHING! It wud seriously cain a s/c VR6 and im sad to admit that as its gotta be faster than my golf when its back on the road!

The torque steer is nothing, I duno what the fuss is about tbh! The noise of the thing is what sells the car to me, its just soo HARDCORE!! It literally is on rails too, I was passenger in the car when my mate was racing a scoob and we were pullin on corners and the scoob owner even said how his car was loosing grip on the corners! Ford defo got it right with this car!!

And yeah, it does turn alot of heads, i was shocked to see how many heads it turns!lol

Looks cool, build is tough, and it goes like stink!! Is there a better FWD production car??

The Focus RS's actually hold their value very well. If you pick one up for 15-16k now they will still sell for that a year later. Nice cars and fairly rare. Definitely tune it up to 270bhp+. Do you own the car or were you just test driving it? How does it compare to your VR6? A standard focus RS shouldn't be much different performance wise to a mildly tuned VR (with 200bhp). A tuned RS is a different matter though!

Talking about torque steer... when ever I overtake I really have to apply the power carefully (can't just plant my foot) as I can feel the steering wheel pulling. I'm getting my car lowered soon so hopefully it will make it more stable.

i value cars for a living, thats how im lucky enough to of driven every car a car nut would want to !amazed the power in the vr is put down in a very smooth way and it makes it a very easy car to drive, but the rs focus is totally different. if you take liberties in this car it could kill you. two days before i got my hands on the rs i was given a tvr tuscan. the rs is the car that scared me the most. the talk steer isn't like any other high powerd fwd car. the wheels don't spin, it just takes you where ever the wheels are pointin, and i drove it in the wet.

"talk steer"???? surely you mean "tourque steer"??? ;)

which is the pleasant/unpleasant sensation (depends on how you view it) when a car has so much grunt ie "torque", it rips the wheel out of your hands and train rails the wheels in a direction they choose to go! bit like a vr6 does if your not carefull with it!!! sounds like you have a good job, but come on! that blue oval isnt a patch on the

1137939725_2067_FT96415_vw_sign_gif_animated.gif is it????????????????

Well all i know is i was driving "enthusiastically" with a Mazda Rx8, which was not getting away, in fact if i still wasnt so knew to the VR i woulda dusted him, but we had a RS following us and he wasnt even trying. Must say i wouldnt mind one, but if its that or a R32 i.e. 2.0 or 3.2 V6 its no competiton, i would have the VW any day, plus if you wanted to go evil&loud (which the R32 isnt built to be) i bet a few choice mods would humble any focus RS. :D