potential problems?

ok chaps here it goes

just developed a misfire on my 96 vr6 only at certain rpm when you are pulling through the rpm.

yesterday i added stp injector cleaner to the fuel thinking that that may help (car is averaging 22 mpg at the mo)

any ideas?

cheers all

doobey out.............

could be all manner of things check all air intake hoses are alright look under bonnet with car running in dark see if any sign of sparks from coilpack or end of plug leads where they join plugs its hard to see them but you can if you try hard enough but ideally you want to get it stuck on diagnostic vag com as this will tell you of any major faults .

I have this problem also, feels like the idle is hunting on mine tho, it's always done if from when I first bought it. Lifted the bonnet to check the coolant last night and left engine running, noticed sparking from one of the plug lead ends. New set of leads I guess? It's just had a new set! ~:(

plugs and leads are no prob can sort that

question is what leads to use if not genuine

are there better makes?

plugs again doesnt look a problem

any decent make?

for a std motor

cheers all

I had a similar problem a while back. Had just been to Caffyns for a 'full' service, after I bought the car. Took it to The Phirm and immediately found out every single plug was not tightened properly by Caffyns. Each one was loose! Check they are all fully tightened and then do as above and check the coilpack for sparks where the leads connect to it. The leads should ideally by genuine VW ones. Magnacore are good if you're running big power (i.e with a supercharger). Check the plugs are the correct ones too. Then connect it to VAG COM to see if it's a faulty sensor. Does it only happen it certain conditions or all the time? If it happens all the time it could be a sensor fault.