Which induction kit?

Hi people,

just wondering which induction kit to get for my highline? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated please, cost doesnt matter, dont want one that is really noisy but maybe one that enhances the lovely v6 sound would be welcome, perhaps the deciding factor would be the induction kit that gives the biggest bhp gain, thanks again for looking

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMC is the best, i now have a K&N induction on my new highline which sounds good but not as good as the BMC - with the BMC if you leave your normal air duct feeding cold air to the bmc slightly loose it makes the most amazing growling noise - really deep and mean!! if you connec the air feed tightly then you notice a subtle tone at around 4000 revs plus otherwise you cant really hear too much. feels more responsive overall

yeah the premium goes up for an induction' date=' mine also went up for having the car lowered!

also if you change the wheels or if you have it chipped, the list goes on and on !sad

re rolling road tune, no not chipping just get it fine tuned

[/quote']

Mate,

You need to change your insurer, I pay no addition for anything except the remap, and I've modded LOADS on mine!!!!!

Imo the main thing is to get a decent filter whatever type, you dont want shite mucking up your MAF sensor etc every five minutes due to debris getting past the filter, i have a normal airbox on my vr as i cant be bothered to rip it all out for a minimal gain in bhp or noise, my engine is totaly standard anyway so it wouldnt do a lot for me i thinks! that said i had a huge jetex cone filter on my rallye with a jabba sport isolation panel,(combined with chip, smaller pulley,piper 285 cam etc) this sounded very nice and really enhanced the supercharger noise with a nice whistle! it didnt really suffer from engine heat soak even in traffic as it was well protected by the panel due to its design, isolation panel or decent cold feed are important to get the full benefit to the engine i think.

i think you are right, the cold air feed given by the bmc cda has to be the most efficient overall i think, not too noisy is good too, although you can create you own cold air feed with any air filters, using heat shielding, tubes,ducts and vents, but then you are risking somekind of inlet turbulence/noise into the filter which loses you any benefits that you might have gained?

yeah the premium goes up for an induction' date=' mine also went up for having the car lowered!

re rolling road tune, no not chipping just get it fine tuned

[/quote']

Most insurers aren't interested in cosmetic mods, mine weren't interested in the fact its lowered or has a BMC CDA, they only want to know if I have 40bhp+ above standard. How much extra are you paying?

Ref fine tuning, tuning what exactly, the VR6 is fully managed by the ECU, you can't change things without remapping etc afaik.

lol' date=' dont that take in hot air?

[/quote']

I had a supa ram (the smaller of the two), it sounded brilliant but suffered severely from the engine heat, it was so flat feeling once the car was warm. It was ok on a really cool day but now I have a BMC CDA and its sooo much better, more expensive granted but with a cold air feed on it feels like your driving in cool night air on a summers day and it sounds much more like a V6, nice warble on the throttle, near silent off throttle.