• 2 months later...

Sorry to invade in this discussion, (being my very first post as well !amazed ), i've been using 37psi on my fronts which are 205,40 ZR17 on a golf mk3 vr6, but after having read this posts i think i should reduce it to something like 32s

Mine are 205/50/15's and my petrol cap says around 26 for an unloaded car and around 28 if full. This is roughly speaking as they say the rear and the front should be slightly different - but 26-28psi all round is what I have mine at. I agree with the above... they do look slightly "flat" occasionally when I'm parked up but that is just because they are probably the widest tyres you can fit on the standard 6.5 alloys.

Mine are 205/50/15's and my petrol cap says around 26 for an unloaded car and around 28 if full. This is roughly speaking as they say the rear and the front should be slightly different - but 26-28psi all round is what I have mine at. I agree with the above... they do look slightly "flat" occasionally when I'm parked up but that is just because they are probably the widest tyres you can fit on the standard 6.5 alloys.

My filler cap says it should be 2.6 bar front and 2.4 bar rear which is a lot of psi! What is the correct psi for 205 50 15's?

mad mick - mine says the same as yours. I like more on the front than the back because it makes the handling a little different. I'm not sure what car the sticker on matth76's filler cap was intended for, but those pressures (26/28) seem very low to me. If I have mine fully loaded I put yet more air in the back.