• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope still the same... :(

And i drove it today and its farting about and ticking over well lumpy.....Grrr :?

Someone offered me a filter thing to do the job which i am getting at inters but its not liking being driven the way it is so looks like i have to do something otherwise dont look like i will be doing the saturday blast up to inters.... &| x)

If you need to sort it before inters you can put a k&N or pipercross breather filter on where it comes from the camcover, block off where it goes into the air intake (the electrical connector does nothing so ignore that!) then replace the thinner pipe that runs over the top of it into the manifold with an ordinary vacuum hose.

If you can wait until inters I'll show you :)

If you need to sort it before inters you can put a k&N or pipercross breather filter on where it comes from the camcover

If you can wait until inters I'll show you :)

Thanks ... :)

I have been out there and glued it for now so it should do me till inters (hopefully :? ) and someone is bringing me a k+n up so if u could show me that will be great.... 8o)

that'll be me bringing the filter up for you! thats if you dont have to replace it before hand! wrap sone insulation /gaffer tape arond the join for now as that will do the job on a temporary basis, you won't be needing that bit after the weekend anyhow!

UPDATE....!!!!!!

I have managed to sort out the breather pipe, i ended up buying one form fords so i wont need it now thanks dubloke.. :)

But i have now found that the long bit of pipe that comes off the breather is split and is pissing air out of it and its sounds awful x) running like a right bag of crap.... &|

Vws want £32 for it Geeeezzzzzz for abit of pipe a, so going to try and bodge it to do me till inters as they cant get one till saturday and thats 2 close for comfort for me....i want to know it will be ok for the drive there....

Why does it always happen when u really want to use the car ..... :(

I don't believe it. The breather pipe on my VR (see first post) has failed again. ~:( ~:( ~:(

Once more, my interior stinks of burning oil.

Can the bloody thing be replaced with something that will last? Part numbers anyone?

[ Edited Fri May 07 2004, 08:23PM ]

Paula..

Can you supply a photo of the "long bit of pipe" I found some in my shed that will do and I think its the right diameter. Let me know and I'll post it to to you...If that's any help??

Regards

28v6r