need to quieten my exhaust down cheaply how??

i recently recieved an ASBO warning as the police claim my car is to loud. it was maily due to the induction but anyway!!

the exhaust i have is custom built but is rather loud for my liking always has been but now i recieved this warning i feel i should quieten it down.

i konow if i bought a standard exhaust it would work but i would rather keep the exhaust as it adds performance but somehow quieten it down.

it has all the original silencers but is 2.5" bore so anyone any ideas???

running a ram air pro ram and i know it's noisy but it can be conrolled by just not planting my foot. the exhaust has a habit of droaning especially when cruising.

what i want is for it to make a bit of noise when i plant my foot but not droan all the time. so???

I'd take it back to whoever built it and ask them to quieten it down - usually the custom build people will work to whatever requirements they are given, and can probably replace on of the silencers with a more effective one etc.

LOL @ Steve - the kok head!!!

well cant do the photo cos in the middle of the north sea at the minute. will take one when i get home.

the custom exhaust was on the car when i bought it not sure who built it.

would any custom exhaust builder be able to change the silencer for a more efficiant one??

oh and sorry steve meant to call u a dik head or kok sucker was half asleep was not meant to be kok head lol ;)

Guys...Guys... Guys... If I wanted a Sex Forum I 'd a looked for a lesbian one 8) not two guys wif large handbags at dawn !amazed ... Now can we talk about Ciaran's exhaust... I note that you're in Scotland, therefore does that mean you're living up here or do you stay some where else? Reason: RMS are based behind Prestwick Airport and do a Sterling job plus give it a lifetime warranty, provided you still own the car.. They will adapt your exhaust for you and keep it in stainless... plus they are very very good, I've used them twice with no complaints... Oh! and whos lipstick is that rolling on the floor..... :D:P

28v6r i do indeed stay up in scotland near dundee. u know of anywhere that might be handier for me as prestwick is about 2 hours away!! sounds like the kind of people im after. u know with all this talk i may get them to build a whole new exhaust.

recon they would fit my 6-2-1 manifold aswell as nobody local will do it for a decent price???

ant the lipstick ain't mine the dummy is though lol ;)

oh and the question made sense steve it just depends how u inturprate it!!!! ;)