R32 review in autoexpress

R32's Mk4 B)

Are they not to slow 0-60 compared to Mk2 & 3 GTI's ?!

Is it cause of weight problem of the R32 ?!

If so' date=' does that mean the Mk5 is now Obese !lol

[/quote']

Mark 4 R32s are very fast... four wheel drive and low to mid 6secs 0-60 times. The new mark 5 R32 has a quoted time of 6.1 secs and (I think) around 250bhp. There's no question about it's speed. Not sure why they remarked that the GTI (mark5) is the better choice for UK roads...strange. The only thing I prefer about the gti over the r32 mark5 is it's bolder styling..

If I was going for an R32 I would opt for the mark4 (for the looks).

I am so disappointed by the new r32. The new bottom grill!!!! WHA?! should have kept the honeycomb. The exhausts however i am a fan of. but what did they say the power was? 240bhp? That is a terrible dissapointment. i was hoping for a 3.6 beast. and we get 10 bhp more? or so. i hate to say it but i am very upset with that less than poor effort by vw. from the rear... mmm very nice. i can get used to that. but it just seems to me like a cop out. smae engine size. same power (give or take). i just think what a big cop out. change the whole car. not just the face. Whoever said the r32 had lost desirability. HIT THE NAIL ON THE DAM HEAD! i dont think it will be a collectors car like the gti mark 2 and the vr6. the vr6 is; in my opinion the LAST collectors VW. I feel terrible for saying this.. life is over as i know it. i dislike a vw. (maybe it will grow on me) . who wants to start a nissan almira club? :D

I did read an article the other week when they were reviewing the new R32 that there may be an R36 on the books in a couple of years... although I'm not sure if they will go ahead with it. Would be interesting! The new R32 has 250bhp and quoted 0-60 of 6.1. I think the performance speaks for itself... I only think the styling could have been more unique and bolder (only my personal view though).