• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

i'd have to agree the golf is more for cruising, thats the reason i have one as my everyday car. yes it feels a bit heavy/soft but it's standard.

my mini is my toy and with only a (supercharged) 1275cc running 141bhp at the fly its quicker than the golf for the obvious reason of power to weight, i'm yet to have a race with a chav but i'm soo looking forward to waving as i drive off into the distance :)

i had a 400bhp saph 4x4 cossie and yep that was fast, mental fast!! u could launch it down the road all 4 wheels smoking.. but the amount of time and money i had to spend on it was unreal! i sold it in the end coz i was so skint and stressed!! thought i would get something sensible, so

i ended up with a calibra 2.0lt ecotec..not a bad car but it was boring to drive. so sold it and made 500 quid!

at the time my m8 had a kitted out VR, i took it out one nite and that was it, i fell in love with that induction noise all VRs make with a durty big filter on!!

so went out and got myself one, it may only be half the bhp of cossie but it is instant power, which pulls and pulls, and in the time ive had her i have only done minor repairs etc

so all in all the VR is reliable, still good looking,

and has enough power to hold off most modern hot hatches!!

i used many moons ago to own a cav gsi 16v 4x4, 150 bhp cossie top end apparently, it was mechanically mint, and that felt quick, so yes a corsa will feel quick, my father in law has a corsa, and geuss what, its shit, everything feels cheap and nasty, uncomfortable seats, unbalanced steering, crappy switches, etc, etc, etc. good luck to somebody if thats the path they choose to follow, but the car is in a completely different legue to the vr6. secondly ive only had my vr for a few months now. was considering changing upto a 4motion, until i went for a spin on my mates brothers supercharged vr. now im definatrly gonno do that, 2.8 litres, 260 brake, plus ive still got my leathers, air con e.t.c. cant compare to any corsa or nova im afraid.

my mate has just swapped his mint series one RS Turbo for a 2.0 16v nova (wot a dick) running about 160bhp and that is scary fast! but the front end of the car has started to twist itself away from the doors - panel gaps are nearly 2cm on one side and on the other side the wing is touching the door

I think thats scarier than how fast it is!

Stick with the VR u know it makes sense!

as i have said many many time before i would rather push a whole hive of live wasps up my arse than compare my VW to anything else! nothing comes close in its design in the hot hatch stakes, many have tried to emulate but only immitate, never bettered the original concept, the cult status and following or quality imo, sure have a 1000bhp renault 5 or nova, youl still look a twat driving it or sat at the roadside when it brakes down! as i often see! kiddy cars for "bloke darn the pub said" people, shoot em all let god sort em out :o

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...