Its not that I don?t trust john Austin...my mk 2 was serviced their for most of its life, I know there good but it would break the full vw service history...The main resin I bought my vr was the complete history..and when I come to sell the car I can say to the next owner that is still got that...If the car had no history at all I would service it my self...all major repair work on the car I can do my self as I have the use of a mates garage but I need that vw stamp every 10000miles :)

found a possible problem with mine over the weekend! did an oil and filter change, fired it up and watched the new oil drip out from underneath..... I knew it was using a bit of oil but not this bad!

I had a good look and its the oil cooler thats leaking it out, hopefully just the seals but could explain the higher temps?

going to get it sorted this week.....

mines normally on about 96 plus or minus about 10 depending on how Im driving!

Tommy... John Austin will stamp the service book... I know its not a VW stamp but Its still got full history proving to potential buyers its been looked after just at a fraction of the cost!

i`m back on the road now, new oil and new oil cooler seals. running on the motorway at a steady spead it tops out at 106deg, instead of 110deg. so I`m pleased with that...

and after using a borrowed 1.0ltr Polo for a week and a half it put a smile on my face to blast round some round-abouts last night!