Fuel Prices

Apparantly it's to do with the Hurricane in New Orleans. It's been all over the news this weekend (guess who wasn't at E38? :(

Quite how it affects oil prices and ultimatly the cost of fuel on our forecourts is beyond me. I suspect it's another Stealth Tax to 'assist' our cousins in the US... They said that fuel prices will rise to over

I think 2 oilrigs went walkies in the sea near america due to the hurricane. We are just basically paying extra for them to find them and return them to production.....I don't see that just 2 rigs would make this much of a difference though....its just the greedy oil companies.

It was 99.9p for optimax yesterday round here....its probably gone up since then though.

surely now the west "owns" half the middle east we can source our own oil? :P seriously they really are cheeky barstards, as soon as some "natural" or unatural disaster occurs the shit bags put fuel prices up! increase the price of heroin or something junkies wouldnt notice or even care! this country takes the piss out of consumers it really does, prehaps we could save some money by "culling" all the scrounging layabout fuck wits that drain our society and continuosly go in and out of prison! that should subsidise the use of petrol in my vr6!

I helped set up a boycot in Plymouth the first time around. It was a bloody nightmare but it must have helped towards the whole boycot in the end. Its really surprising me how people are not kicking off so much this time, but then I suppose the 'Hike' is due to natural circumstances, I dunno, it all seems crazy to me.

I may start pushing my car to work!!!

They were talking about another boycott on the news this morning.

It's now the British government's responsibility to look after it's own and reduce the tax on fuel. Let the oil companies make their money and assist the US in it's recovery (which I do not beleive they need assistance with) and keep fuel prices at least where they were prior to the hurricane. Of course we all know this is not an option as this puts a 'dent' in the government's coffers.

Re. the markets, they move no matter what and disasters and wars are all good for business.

Apparently next Wednesday is when farmers and freight drivers are up for a ruck again at fuel depots. I feel tension mounting withing the haulage industry and it wont take long before something snaps again.

I don't think the public can do much to effect fuel prices but when sectors who rely on the roads for their livelyhood are (excuse the pun) 'driven' to a loss due to the high price of fuel, the last resort is to pickett at source. We can then all follow suit if it is what is wanted by the mass public. Thoughts anyone...?

Speaking personally, it's a huge upset to my travel times and comfort if I am forced to use public transport. It also affects day to day things such as shopping and collecting my daughter from school but I'm willing to make sacrifices for what's right.

I can't see any reason why the Govt. can't use fuel tax as a "buffer" against fluctuating oil prices, so that we pay less tax when the price is high. Or just lower the tax across the board so that they don't come under fire every time there is a hike in the oil price.

They're just being damn greedy. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more protests.

Public Transport is of no use to me because my daily commute is "orbital" and trains/buses only serve "radial" routes into and out of London.

It's starting to get bad now, and tension is gonna rise to boiling point. It doesn't help that my mk2 doesn't seem to be getting any better mileage than my VR did :(

I personally couldn't use the laughable public transport system to get to work - it would take 2 buses and another hour on top to get work and even longer to get home.