Rims & Suspension - Please help me choose!

Hey guys :)

I have finally decided to take the plunge and treat my beloved dragon green vr to a decent suspension setup and some new rims. I think I'm decided on the suspension side of things: FK Highsport Coilies which I understand from reading past threads offers an excellent value for money setup i.e. good all round performance and ride quality. Venom are doing them for

Guys, thanks for the replies and suggestions. I think I'm decided on the FKs although air ride would be the ultimate (but can't afford it!)

16 dished sound good, any suggestions? Mine is a 97 with no arch trim.

What do the TT Comps look like? Anyone got any pics?

Do 17s really affect acceleration? I can't think why as the reduced rubber profile surely compesates for the rolling diameter?

Aplogies if I'm being thick :)

Guest vwsyncro

17 inch really does make your car slower, in the winter i change mine for 15 inch, what a big difference, and airride isnt that expensive anymore, a do it yourself kit will cost about 1500 pound ;) , but a kw suspension kit will give you better road performance and will cost about 1000 pound (that is for kw type 3, type 1 and 2 are cheaper) :!

cant say as it is even noticeable on 17s or 15s !! as you say tvr6 the rolling radius of a 205 50 15 alloy and tyre a 205 40 17 wheel is virtually identical in sizeand only affect the speedo reading by around 1 mph at 70 mph road speed! the ride is a little harsher on 17s but i wouldnt say you lose any grip or acceleration and they look better than those weedy 15`s! ;)

img] <a  href=%7Boption%7D../../e107_files/public/1125563778_2067_FT76012_102_0233_.jpg' alt='1125563778_2067_FT76012_102_0233_.jpg'>

Thanks Purple, I've heard mixed opinions on this subject although common sense would point towards our collective opinion lol

I had thought of a compromise of 16s and was looking at Keskin's also (KT1 & KT8) but I agree, the 17s look way better over the 15s.

Which are yours? Where from? How much?

Thanks for that :)

Looked at the site and was impressed. Lovely rims on yours, 2 piece right? A little out of my budget I fear :(

I found a place near me, Style Dynamix (www.styledynamix.co.uk) which specializes in important rims specifically for German motors. Well worth a visit. I quite fancied a couple of Keskin (2 peice look-a-likes) KT1, KT6 and KT8. They have some cup rims very similar to yours (KT2) but only come in 18". Saw the KT8s on a Bora and they looked gorgeous and come in 16" also.

Mmmm, Borbets look good too... just missing that lovely bolt detail... The search may take longer than I had previously expected :(

I don't want to go through sets of rims, as much as I love my VR I just can't justify a huge spend on what is an 8 year old

Those are TT Comps?! They look proper shite, you should be ashamed of yourself. I'll do you a favour and take them off your hands ;)

Seriously though, I've seen them before, they look sweet, sadly it's a mission to find a decent set...