just got busted doing 145mph

i had a lucky escape last nite. i was out at about 2.30am, it was dead, came to a set of traffic lights on red, no1 around, slowed down, i could see all the junctions, it was clear so i went. got to about 60mph. looked in the mirror and there were blue flashin lights. and i thought i was fooked. pulled over got out ready for the worst. "you kno why you've bin pulled, don't you" at this point i notice the it was a astra van and not a traffic cop ( so he couldnt tell me i was goin too fast coz he couldnt prove it). so i knew that it wasnt my speed. it was just the red light, and let me off with a warnig. he sed i prob just had a mo of madness, im just glad he didn't see me 3 mins b4 doin 135mph on the m60. it does make you think tho. i was doin 135 in a 70. thats nearly twice the limit. even tho it was for all of 30 secs, that would of been a ban for sure. and if i did get a ban i would of felt like the bigest twat on the planet, i love my cars and im sure that all of you do aswell, so havin to get the bus everyday for the sake of a bit of fun does seem really stupid !amazed

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

het hum, proof does not mean a video of your speed!! just because its a single police officer or he wasnt wearing his hat and all of those other wives tales doesnt mean you can escape prosecution, you can be summonsed if the officer believes your speed was excesive and follows you for a reasonable amount of time usually 3 10ths of a mile, so just be carefull, as for going through red lights imagine what would of happened had the police vehicle been going the opposite way on an emergency call?? obviously the police would get the blame if he hit you right?

It's funny how the thread has gone from " I was busted doing 145mph" to everyone putting their views on why it's good to do speed to how stupid it is to do speed.

At the end of the day the average VR6 driver mods the engine in his/her car so it will blow away most things in it's class.I bet some of you keep to the speed limit people have used their mobile phones whilst driving or had more than the legal limit of drink then drove home,I think that most of the people who do these high speeds do not do them in everyday driving but when road conditions allow(or they think they do).I used to belong to Christchurch hot rod and custom club I was young and wreckless not thinking my actions would harm anyone until one day while driving through a big courtyard and saw a mate walking I thought it would be funny to drive at him and swerve at the last second,problem was he went the same way as me %-6 .

I do think about my actions now but will still do over the ton if I feel it is safe to do so. ;)

no one on here is an angel but some speeds take the pi55 and are not suitable for our roads, i have driven faster than the speed stated quite a few times just been lucky in the past i suppose, i have been a passenger in cars that have been a bit faster than that too!! lambo 5000s quatrovalve! blowing superbikes away! thing is the cars arent really intended for those speeds & most dont have the associated safety devices ie roll cage seam welded body and strengthened front and rear ends like race cars, if anyones seen a big crash at a race track in a controlled inviroment people still get hurt at relatively low speeds, if something fails or shears off ie a tyre or drive shaft you have next to no chance neither do innocent people who may be near to you or on the opposite carriageway!! speed is great but if you double your speed then you quadrouple your stopping and thinking distance and your reactions wont be quick enough! you just need to remember you dont have the right to ruin someone elses life or their familys just because you want to go fast its not big and its not clever! ;)

as soon as you get into a car you are putting yourself and other road users at risk, no matter what speeds you are doing. I find it surprising that people who appear to have chargers and mod parts fitted to their cars are slating the guy so much, surely you tearing up up to 40 mph in however few seconds it takes and not being able to stop for a child who runs out is just as bad as sitting at 145 on a motorway where there are going to be perhaps no people except other drivers. Whichever way you look at it if you break the law your going to get in trouble though

I personally have done 140 in my first VR. The motorway was clear with no approacing junctions.. have i done that speed since- no. I much prefer acceleration to top speed now anyway. My personal view is that you should always know your limits- and thankfully i do. Last thing i want is to lose my license as it would be bye bye career!

Well i must be satan himself. Charged and Noss'd. But i rely on my license to pay for my house, my family and my mods. I will admit to doing that speed once, on one particular road which is long, straight and a dual carriage way, and most importantly clear. but you turn your key & take your chances. Best thing to do is track days and sprints @ the weekends! thats how I cure my needs. And as i said, relying on a licence for living is paramount. Try not to abuse it!

But hey thats just another persons' opinion from this forum, I just hope they're kind to you.

i see a lot of pple slating and bleating on but noticed a few have sc vr6 u telling me u never done that speed' date='hmm maby its just for looks then, give him a break im sure he wont do it again.

[/quote']

So your saying if you have a sc vr6 you drive fast everywhere !amazed

havng a supercharger doesnt mean you speed. it means you have the extra power, it feels awesome, but its a golf, its a 15 year old design, you KNOW when you are going over 70, the wind noise, the road noise and the ride.....you can tell its not a 2005 model, i drive a rental car to work most days and the ford focus is much quieter and easier to speed without knowing!

even supercharged, most vr6 owners here care about their car's quite a bit, and self preservation comes into it. I wouldnt go at the formentioned speed's on any public road becuase its at the limit of the car, my control and you never know.

I mean take craggsy, he crashed at 1 mph and the damage to the front end wasnt too bad, but it still looked quite ugly, imaging that at 70+...its just not worth it.

superchargers have nothing to do with it ;).

the charger thing isnt relevant in my opinion its only the same as choosing to buy a 2.8 over a 1.4, its the ability to make progress that counts instant acceleration when u have a short opportunity to pass the old git in the metro thats holding up the whole line of traffic. a supercharger will give you greater scope or any mods for that matter . every time i go out on my bike i mentally recalibrate to increase my chances of survival not just getting banned i dont ride like a maniac the same as having a charger wouldnt make me drive like 1 but i use the acceleration to keep the longest view i can get . 94 in first doesnt mean i do it. its just good planning in any driving situation that impresses me really , the ability to read the road and stay safe .

im not slating all of u with chargers just the ones that had a pop and having that sc just for passing hmm passing at what speed i dont mind the jokes but the patronising is out of hand.

as someone said earler id rather the acceleration than the top speed.

it just seems that some pple on here seem to think that just because they didnt get caught doing that speed it somehow justifys it none of us can keep the led boots off all the time.

anyway im not getting into an argument just having my say.

i see a lot of pple slating and bleating on but noticed a few have sc vr6 u telling me u never done that speed' date='hmm maby its just for looks then, give him a break im sure he wont do it again.

[/quote']

So your saying if you have a sc vr6 you drive fast everywhere !amazed

where in my post did it say that then x)

as soon as you get into a car you are putting yourself and other road users at risk' date=' no matter what speeds you are doing. I find it surprising that people who appear to have chargers and mod parts fitted to their cars are slating the guy so much, surely you tearing up up to 40 mph in however few seconds it takes and not being able to stop for a child who runs out is just as bad as sitting at 145 on a motorway where there are going to be perhaps no people except other drivers. Whichever way you look at it if you break the law your going to get in trouble though

[/quote']

yeah but if i am doing 20mph and your doing 145 it stands to reason its more danger! simple really

Jesus! Its just took me 20 mins to read through all that. And every single one of you had a good point to put across.

Speeding is bad.

Driving at the speed limits is shockingly boring.

I've done over 150 twice, pooed myself both times, but had the biggest rush i've had in a car(apart from back seat experiences!!). He was unlucky, but at 145, surely you should be paying attention to the road. Including the tarmac behind you.

I just hope the judge isn't too hard on ya, tell the truth, admit u was being a twat, and you'll never do it again.

It worked for me when caught doing 105. Best of luck mate.

have to say that i feel there are many biased and hypocritical views on this thread and it just shows that people dont think before typing! its okay to razz round in fast cars as long as you aint the driver, but now i'm a copper i have to protect the public speech, its okay to do 130mph in the pitch black on a quiet a road, but its way wrong to do an extra 15mph in broad daylight when conditions and visibility are so much worse speech! come on guys, we all speed , we all do things we shouldnt. if you get caught, thats tought luck, no one died here, and when they do someone is always to blame no matter what speed they were doing! cant we all just say, okay, fine, you did the speed, u got caught, end of story?

glad you could add a constructive comment to the discussion without offending anyone' date=' cheers

[/quote']

Top words!

i do try to make my input as logical and blame free as possible! it does appear that some comments arrive on top of some double standards tho and i am of the mind that although everyone is entitled to an opinion, nobody should force their own upon soneone else! everyone is different and as such all do/say/react differently to a situation! peace bretheren, lets get on with the job of building a better club and better cars to be proud of! after all, we all make mistakes!