[poll] Vento front end or not Vento front end? That is the question!

yes or no? I'm having my car re-done over the winter (slightly less lairy colour me thinks!!) I am pretty keen on them but also like the look of the good old MK3 golf front.

Also, what do i need? Headlights, bonnet, Grille etc (do i need vento wings?) Also the best place to get them from??

Lots of questions i know but any help or opinions are appreciated! :D

thats why the king of style, binliner, doesnt have a jetta fe, but a golfy one. The day you switch over to that, i'll agree with you.

The only reason i see Jetta FE being decent is because the shape of lights are nicer than the golfy ones.

If thats the point of having the Jetta FE then so be it, the thing i love about the mk3's is, if you keep it subtle and tasteful, you can retain the mothers pram look, and still look better than saxo's...

the one in justins link is one of my fave mk3's. I think the vento front can look great if its done right.

it seems to look alot better on darker colours - I've seen a silver one somewhere and it didn't have the same effect.

and you can keep the golf wings. you just need the bonnet, lights and grill iirc.

oh. I am with binliner this is one of my fav golfs. Wow its hot. But my only concern is that the vr front head lights are crap @ 100mph + with to sets of bulbs working.What would it be like with only one bulb in the vento head light..... ?

Ps I dont condon speeding :P well not over here :P

i prefer vento front on a golf than a golf front

dan's mk3 is one of my favs too and one of many inspirations for my car

DSC_5440-vi.jpg

pic now with late spec grill while i get early one debadged, looks mingin with that grill

DSC_5882-vi.jpg

IMO: the vento FE is a very tricky bit of styling, if done well it looks like the dogz nutz, but a tiny error in judgement and you end up with an expensive nightmare that people will cringe at...

I personally wouldn't do it as i love the golf FE, smooth, rounded and agressive without looking chav, but i can understand why you would want to do the vento conversion, good luck if you go for it mate...

well id advise you to go with a golf front end, only because i have a vento FE and theyre popping up everywhere now so im not feeling very unique at the mo, lol. vento front end is my preference.

have you thought about a bad boy for your golf, can make the car look really aggressive without being ott.