though the haynes catalogue doesn't actually cover the vr6 engine, so how would he know! its not as easy as most other cars, but hardly on the difficult side! i removed the housing complete on mine when changing hoses to check all was well with the housing as well as they are prone to cracking!

Another question guys, what if I remove it, what would happen, I live in the Dubai, in the gulf area where the tempreture reaches about 45oC, yet the temp in my car is normal and always less than a 100 when I really push it hard on the car, where on normal conditions it is always 90 in the summer. Yet my car doesn't have a thermostat, when I checked the car once I got it , i found out that there wasn't a one installed, so I ignored it !! well my question now, will it effect the engine;s preformance ??!? any idea ?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

Iv'e had a lower temp thermo on my car for a year now and it's money well spent, just think of those traffic jams . . . only thing is, it's takes a little longer to heat the car up in the winter, maybe an extra 5 mins

• 4 weeks later...