Save The VR6 Owners Club!

image.png

Things have slowed down considerably with the club as of recent times, and we need your help to keep things running and help to reinvigorate our club.

The VR6 Owners Club was founded over 18 years ago, however due to lower visitor and paid membership numbers we are at risk of losing almost 2 decades of information, posts, build threads, photos and guides.

Social media has had a large impact on how users interact and the heart of the VR6 Owners Club was our community forum for many years. 

We have an active presence on social media, however we are unable to build services that brings in much needed funds to cover even our basic costs through social media platforms.

We need your help to help secure the future of the club, and its website in terms of covering hosting, software renewal fees.

Please help by donating as little or as much as your can afford - every penny will go back into the club to ensure its longevity for years to come ! 

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/the-vr6-owners-club 

We are also seeking moderators, social media savvy folk to help promote our club, membership, merchandise managers and club membership secretary and event managers (when things return to normal in this crazy world we now live in).

If you think you can help, please do reply below and we can talk more! 

Good morning VR6Pete, it is sad times we are living in at present, I would love to be an ambassador for the club. I have however just purchased a jumper and renewed my club membership too its been a while and still haven't received my goods. But I would glady love to help promote and get the club back up and on its feet like old times. Its a very good club. 

1 minute ago, Dubpryncess said:

Good morning VR6Pete, it is sad times we are living in at present, I would love to be an ambassador for the club. I have however just purchased a jumper and renewed my club membership too its been a while and still haven't received my goods. But I would glady love to help promote and get the club back up and on its feet like old times. Its a very good club. 

Thanks ! That would be amazing if you are able to help.

Please send me your paypal details for shop merch, I recently had all the stock sent back from the old shop manager but need to go through it and get all stock levels updated but with one thing or another (and having 4 children!) have not been able to do so yet so will for now refund your money until I can get chance to get shop updated and up and running etc… 

How do you think you can help to promote club etc… ?

I get what you mean vr6pete with four kids, me and hubby are fostering as well as our own 3 kids so it is a busy life. I was thinking of using Instagram as well as Facebook as I am constantly on those media. Can I please get back to you with ideas? I have many friends who own vws so ley me get back to you. X

On 22/11/2020 at 7:11 PM, Harry-vr6 said:

Im quite handy at making promo vids etc. So would be helpful for promoting the club or any events etc

that would be great. We have loads of videos / photos on our Facebook / YouTube pages if you are able to get creative ?

we are also in need of forum moderators to help clean up threads and to encourage more discussion / forum usage. 

cheers. 

pete

39 minutes ago, Harry-vr6 said:

I wouldn't mind being a mod. I have been thinking lately how quite this place is. I started on my vr6 project and have been updating on here from the start.... shame no replies and certainly not like it used to be

Social media for you. our Facebook group is very busy - just seems that forums in general are on decline. 

will sort mod permissions tomorrow :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 11:32 AM, VR6Pete said:

image.png

Things have slowed down considerably with the club as of recent times, and we need your help to keep things running and help to reinvigorate our club.

The VR6 Owners Club was founded over 18 years ago, however due to lower visitor and paid membership numbers we are at risk of losing almost 2 decades of information, posts, build threads, photos and guides.

Social media has had a large impact on how users interact and the heart of the VR6 Owners Club was our community forum for many years. 

We have an active presence on social media, however we are unable to build services that brings in much needed funds to cover even our basic costs through social media platforms.

We need your help to help secure the future of the club, and its website in terms of covering hosting, software renewal fees.

Please help by donating as little or as much as your can afford - every penny will go back into the club to ensure its longevity for years to come ! 

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/the-vr6-owners-club 

We are also seeking moderators, social media savvy folk to help promote our club, membership, merchandise managers and club membership secretary and event managers (when things return to normal in this crazy world we now live in).

If you think you can help, please do reply below and we can talk more! 

Hi all, 

Sorry I have not been in touch lately, I am in the process of fostering another child and been caught up in assessments and Zoom meetings, so unfortunately I will have to step back from what I said in my last post. I deeply apologise alot is going on at present, I will dip in as and when I can. Xx

On 12/3/2020 at 5:39 PM, Dubpryncess said:

Hi all, 

Sorry I have not been in touch lately, I am in the process of fostering another child and been caught up in assessments and Zoom meetings, so unfortunately I will have to step back from what I said in my last post. I deeply apologise alot is going on at present, I will dip in as and when I can. Xx

Not a problem :) and good luck with fostering ! 

• 3 weeks later...