MY GOLF VR6 PROJECT

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picked up a bit of a shed not so long ago which I plan on restoring, its a 3 door mystic blue vr6 with about 109k on the clock. Needs a fair bit of work.   both sills need repairing (rust/corrosion)  

Been finding some Puddles on the front passenger and driver side. I Know the seals On the doors are shot including windows, which will be replaced soon but water was entering from behind the fuse box

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Finally got the car booked in for a full respray with the glass out. Been tempted to get it done in another colour but iv decided to keep it in its original colour (mystic blue) , i was planning on getting the wheels done however i have seen a set I really like and the price seems good so might just take the plunge and pick them up so these will be up for sale with the tyres soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Image1659557741.038148.jpg

Image1659557759.254807.jpg

Image1659557788.505950.jpg

Im getting rid of the roof Ariel, iv also had the rear wiper removed, the hole has been flattened down as there is a small ridge around it so this was flattened with a grinder. The new sills have been treated and the bodyshop has applied some red oxide before he continues with the work.

This project has taken a lot longer than expected however it will be worthwhile (i hope)

The rear quarter glass was stuck on using some adhesive which was not done professionally therefore the whole area had to be grinded down to bare metal to remove the excess residue, it was then treated then primed.

The bodyshop has been cracking on so maybe it will be done sooner than expected. Although the car has been sat there almost for a year lol. He has stone chipped the undersides of the wings to give it some extra protection. The sills will also be done however the will be smooth without the bumpy effect. Im dreading putting it back together its been so long! Anyway here are some more pic's.

All the black bits such as front splitter, scuttle tray, and rear bumper strip will be in satin black, i like to keep the original look.

Image1659808065.983051.jpg

Image1659808075.382874.jpg

Image1659808091.732969.jpg

Image1659808111.286700.jpg