As i went up santa-pod the weekend. I thought i'd lose both mine, and my cars 1/4 mile strip cherry's. 15.66 on the first run, 15 .38 on the second. Not too shabby i thought. Then raced my mate in his renault 5 gt, he made me look like i was in reverse! AND I'VE GOT 3 BLOODY LITRES!! He got a 13.57 and i got a days best, 15.33. Not a happy bunny.

So, the 6 million dollar question is, how can i make my car faster than a renault 5 gt?! No, don't worry, i'm not that strupid, and i certainly don't expect to beat a tin can on wheels on a 1/4 mile strip. I just want a much improved time, but without fiting a turbo, or supercharger. I think the best way is cams, and throttle bodies, but i'm sure someone knows better than me. Thanks for reading this essay!

There's no way you'll get anywhere near that R5GTT on the strip. It's horses for courses really. You should absolutely slaughter that car on the open road and above 100mph.

The VR6 is not a sprinter, and they're not that effective over the 1/4. Mine's supercharged, with cams etc and i managed 14.3. Gearing also plays a massive part in it. I was having to shift into 4th 100 yds from the line. My time would have been quicker if i could have crossed the line in 3rd...but no chance!

i've just got a ram air induction kit, but on the standard 15's. I also couldn't be arsed to take out the amp and sub box, so maybe a bit lighter, would improve it slightly. I think also a phone cal to the alliance & leicester loan department and a trip to see vince at stealth is in order!

minty is correct the vr is not a sprinter. and also the renault is very light compared to a vr6. ( i have both) but i would have thought different gearing would help. possibly to stretch out 3 gear to get over the line. soon though i will be back at the pod with my vr and hopefully have some goodies on the engine to make her faster. minty your car fast m8, some renaults couldn't get 14.0. Go minty... Go minty. !amazed

minty is correct the vr is not a sprinter. and also the renault is very light compared to a vr6. ( i have both) but i would have thought different gearing would help. possibly to stretch out 3 gear to get over the line. soon though i will be back at the pod with my vr and hopefully have some goodies on the engine to make her faster. minty your car fast m8' date=' some renaults couldn't get 14.0. Go minty... Go minty. !amazed

[/quote']

lol...thanks Freak ;)

Yeah she goes really well, the gearing is a problem. That time was in full road going trim, with half a tank of juice.

As we know the VR comes into it's own...AFTER...100mph!! lol ;)