Engine runs at idle fans come on but engine temp rises to 210 and holds but doesn't cool car down to shut off .

Replaced fcm temp sensors water pump heater core did a combustion test so either its the radiator a bad weak upper radiator hose or one of the sensors is still bad??

I did put in a 180f thermostat replacing the 160f one would this cause it? But 180f is oem.

Stumped!!

Replaced aux water pump when first got car had no heat in cabin and while old won turned on it wasn't pumping water and that's why the heater core water pump thermostat and all the sensors were replaced.

Think i will try putting back in the 160f thermostat and see the only thing left is a weak upper hose or radiator itself.

Did you replace the Aux pump yourself? And i would try another stat in that case. Also to mention i have a mk 6 golf which does what you describe my temp would go over 100 and fans would kick in however the temp wouldn't drop, i bled the system and haven't had the issue again

• 1 month later...

So replaced with 160f thermostat and it ran too cold but fans worked like they should so i put the 180f back in since i didnt want to drive so cold but now back to sqaure one fans come on at 197 f and if i let car idle they never go off only after shut down do they go off after 5-10 min. Now going to try low temp thermo switch on radiator if that dont work think i might put 160f thermostat back in.

Im i just fixing a. Car that should run like this is it normal to have fans on after every drive?