MK2 VR6 - Coolant Leaks (MK4 Gearbox)

Hi Guys

I've had this issue for some time now, and decided to tackle the issue whilst in lockdown.  I ordered some silicone pipes and joiners to refresh the coolant pipes for my VR.

As I have MK4 V5 gearbox in my MK2 this has caused a bit of a headache with regards to coolant pipes.  First off, i had to run the MK4 Thermostat housing which caused problems using MK3 VR6 or Corrado VR6 radiator pipes.  The lower radiator pipe to the thermostat housing was making contact with the shifter tower on the gearbox, so some hacking/bodging was required there.  The top radiator pipe (running a Corrado VR6 radiator) required some modification to make fit.

I decided to replace the OE hacked rubber ones for silicone variants using all sorts of bends and connectors from viper performance.  However i'm still getting leaks ultimately ending in overheating.  Under heavy load, i'm getting coolant coming out of the aluminium connectors or in once instance actually blow the radiator pipe off completely!  Frustrating given the money i spent on coolant pipes, joiners and coolant whilst the issue still remains!!! :angry:  Problem is, they have to be cut and tailored due to what i mentioned above, i cant simply buy the like for like silicone VR6 pipes.

So Im wondering, those who have run this set up or have previously, what pipes they have used? Or set up they have or had so i can sort this annoying problem once and for all!

Thanks