The curse continues

Following on from my rant last week about nothing going right on my car, the clunk noise has now been diagnosed as the steering rack :(

Anyone had this done? Any ideas on price and work involded. I know Justin had his done recently and

Can you feel it through the pedals too? i think mine sounds too similar to yours to disregard.....

Also do you feel it more when going over small bumps- maybe mine is a top mount and /or wishbone bush as well.....

I thought it might have been the top mount so I had that tightened first but it made no difference.

Basically I get a clunk, only when I am pulling away, when I am turning the wheel. I feel it through the steering wheel, pedals, pretty much the whole of the front of the car. Its deffinately getting worse.

A question, could this be a cause for losing power to the wheels, ie the steering/wheels being loose. I always seem to loose alot of power to the wheels on the RR days. Wondered if that might be the reason?

Can you feel it through the pedals too? i think mine sounds too similar to yours to disregard.....

Also do you feel it more when going over small bumps- maybe mine is a top mount and /or wishbone bush as well.....

I thought it might have been the top mount so I had that tightened first but it made no difference.

Basically I get a clunk' date=' only when I am pulling away, when I am turning the wheel. I feel it through the steering wheel, pedals, pretty much the whole of the front of the car. Its deffinately getting worse.

A question, could this be a cause for losing power to the wheels, ie the steering/wheels being loose. I always seem to loose alot of power to the wheels on the RR days. Wondered if that might be the reason?

[/quote']

I certainly don't think it would aid the cause Jon.

Gonna have a word with Austins this week sometime about mine.

• 2 weeks later...