After hearing a rattle from the RH side of the engine (24v VR6 BDE), a CEL for P1347 and checking meas blocks 90,91,208 and 209, it was decided by myself and the garage the car was at that the chain was stretched and needed replacing. The field 3 values in 208 and 209 were around 10 degrees... After the chain was fitted and the car timed correctly, the car drives great, but I still have a code for P1347 and oddly enough now see no value at all in field 3 of block 209 (I can see 3 degrees in 208). the values in block 90 and 91 are spot on what they should be so I'm not too concerned for the health of the engine. I've swapped the 2 cam sensors around and saw no difference, and have purchased a Bosch replacement again to no success. 

The engine runs fine and I can clear the code and the warning light goes away but does randomly come back on, usually after 3 or so journeys (distance doesn't seem to matter) and about 10 seconds after the car has been started. The CEL usually coincides when the car starts and the idle is around 1100rpm, where the car usually starts and idles around the 800rpm mark. I can stop and start the car immediately to return the idle to normal.

I can see that the code is constantly active, but seems weird to me that the CEL is not always active? Any ideas on this? Find it strange that I can't get a reading in block 209 field 3 where I could before... 

Edited by JoeG