2000/01 MK4 2.8 V6 4Motion - SOLD

2000/01 Volkswagen Golf Mk4 2.8 v6 4Motion Highline 5dr 
Great example of a quite rare and high spec car.  Well maintained with relatively low miles. 
112k – Full Service History, 13 stamps (6 prior and 7 during my ownership), all receipts and oem parts used. Haldex serviced twice by me. Extensive book (about an inch thick, pic doesn’t do justice) with all MOTs and history. HPI clear. All spare keys and codes.
Full MOT - Jun 2020, passed easily
Fully serviced - oil (Mobil 1) & filter, rear brakes (calliper, cables, Brembo discs & pads), haldex oil & filter, aux belt and tensioner.
Fairly standard car which has been looked after in the 8 years I’ve owned it. Came fully loaded with most options except leather. Minor changes or upgrades made to improve handling mostly with bulk of the effort put into maintenance. Always serviced with quality or VW parts, 4-wheel alignment done routinely and anything replaced prior to actually needing it. The car has the original wings and sills with no rust, top mounts/engine bay are rust free. Underside is in very good condition; the standard exhaust was off the car and stored for the past 6 years with having a Milltek fitted so is in great condition. 
Upgrades
•    Green Panel Filter
•    VW R32 Front and Rear ARBs, VW lower tie brace, Eibach Pro Springs with VW Factory shocks all fairly recent
•    Fan Resistor Module Fixed and wired properly
•    Flush Illuminated Vents added and wired to factory standard
•    Factory 6 Disc front loading in dash CD changer (original multidisc still in boot panel with wiring present and original cubby hole for dash)
•    Parrot Hands Free
•    Special Ed Silver Interior Trim (except gear knob)
•    17” RS4 Reps with Toyo T1R 225/45/17 tires with plenty of tread
Bad Points
•    Cosmetic related to age – stone chips, front splitter not 100%, slight lacquer peel on driver’s door, bumper scuffs on corners, spider web crack on rear bumper scuff panel. Only rust on the car is on inner side of bootlid at latch. The paint isn’t perfect but as shown in photos with a wash and a hand wax it looks pretty good for 19 years old! A good detailing (which I had professionally done by PMG a few years ago) freshens a little more. Both sets of wheels need a refurb, originals are just aged and need refreshed, the current 17s were a cheap quick replacement last year for a change. Can honestly say pretty much all cosmetic (bar the odd stone chip) is as was when I bought it and none have gotten worse due to maintenance and care of the car. 
•    Drivers right side seat bolster has worn relative to the age, single cigarette burn on drivers door arm rest, grey cloth headlining – not bad but a few noticeable marks from oily mechanics hands, the rest of the interior is in very good condition. 
•    Rear passenger door is off sometimes on the drivers central locking button (can provide a new unit I haven’t had the chance to fit)
•    Very slight weep from the thermostat housing unit - large seal for the whole box was on order the last time coolant and thermostat were changed, not a big expense and in the meantime, topped the coolant up once in past 3 months. 
Can also include some parts for the car that were the bits I replaced or I haven’t gotten around to fitting; Original 16” “Brands Hatch” wheels, Rear Spoiler – black but needs painted, Original Wooden Trim Kit, Standard Vents, Chrome silver boot struts, 5dr Wind deflectors.
I have been honest in my assessment of the car - probably making it sound worse than it could possibly look from the photos! I’ve tried to include pics of anything important and just detailing anything that isn’t perfect with the car. Bearing in mind it is 19 years old, it is probably one of the cleaner Mk4s available and with a little bit of time from the new owner could be even better again. Mechanically the car is great, cosmetically it shows its age a little, but importantly a rust-free example. I’ve owned it for 8 years, brought it from England with 66k and had no issues since – just need something bigger. Service history and file detail the interest I’ve had in maintaining and preserving the car with most of the standard niggles fixed or replaced. 

Located 15 Minutes from Belfast (Port and City Airport), 20 mins from International Airport and Larne Harbour. Happy to collect genuine interested buyers. 
Could possibly deliver to mainland with secure deposit.

Any other questions please ask

£2250 Ono

1.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

Edited by GM87
Sold